INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: when it is at the end of a piece of music, it stops a fraction of second..  (Read 803 times)

lzwerger

• Recent member

Hello Team and everyone,
Thanks in advance if alien can help me in this detail.
I use JRiver 30 with PSAUDIO, connected by Bridge II. Computer with Windows 10.
Many times (not always) it happens that when you almost finish reading the file the music stops for a fraction of a second and then ends normally and continues with the next piece of music.
Is it a configuration problem of some JRiver parameter?
Thanks for every suggestion.
Lorenzo

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.

Used to have this happen, but I forget what I did to fix it, honestly. 

It may have been an update that was done and it quit happening.  Has it always been doing this?  If not go back to an earlier version and see if that clears it up.

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen

Something similar happens for me, which is I get a little "tick" sound at end of track, and this seems corresponds with the 6 second mark setting for prebuffering.  For me it follows the prebuffering setting. 

Any chance that you hear the anomaly at a time corresponding with prebuffer setting?

I fixed it by increasing the buffer for my DAC (Not sure if this really should be necessary to do but it helped my issue).
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

lzwerger

• Recent member

Many thanks to all for answering me,
the problem occurs from older versions of JRiver, i also thought about the buffering, but i can't modify that of my DAC (PSAUDIO DirectStream MKII with bridge II), maybe there is a way to adjust the bufferinf on JR, but i don't feel sure to do well touching parameters...
thanks again
Lorenzo

dtc

• MC Beta Team

Are you using network input (DLNA) or usb input to the dac? Can you switch the input and see if the problem persists?  Do you get the same behavior with other players like foobar?

lzwerger

• Recent member

Hi dtc, thank you to replay..
I'm using DLNA ,I've tryed with USB too, but with the same results.
I have never used other players, JRiver is the only one I have used.
I could try with foobar, as long as the player accepts to read the files in DLNA (my NAS is very far from DAC and i use my network because an USB cable could be very prolematic).
Thk again for your interest.
Lorenzo

dtc

• MC Beta Team

Under the audio setup options try adjusting the pre-buffering time and see if that has any effect. Also under Audio Device try changing the buffering time in device settings. I would try that using usb to start since that takes the network out of the picture.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with Media Center loading the next track to play at the same time. 

Try using different memory playback usage under Audio>settings.  May or may not do anything.

lzwerger

• Recent member

Under the audio setup options try adjusting the pre-buffering time and see if that has any effect. Also under Audio Device try changing the buffering time in device settings. I would try that using usb to start since that takes the network out of the picture.

Thanks dtc
the pre-buffering does not produce the expected effects, tonight I'll try changing  time from 0.25 sec to 1 or 2 sec. in audio device buffering, it could be more skip resistant. i'll let you know..

lzwerger

• Recent member

I'm pretty sure it has to do with Media Center loading the next track to play at the same time. 

Try using different memory playback usage under Audio>settings.  May or may not do anything.

Thank you Dawgincontrol, i'm going to try this option this evening .
Lorenzo

lzwerger

• Recent member
Re: when it is at the end of a piece of music, it stops a fraction of second..
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023, 07:28:10 am »

dear all,
I tried all the timing and buffering modifications, but the result always remains the same, in some files in the last 3-4 sec of music there is a drop of one sec and then you hear the song again and immediately after it ends.
Anyway, thank you all for your suggestions.
Greetings
Lorenzo

AGAWA

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2023, 11:18:02 am »

maybe this will help:
quote from:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129994.0.html
"
OK, after running JRiver since my last post using gapless transitions between songs, I've had zero problems.
"

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2023, 05:54:45 pm »

I don't get any audio issues, but I notice a short computer 'freeze' on track changes.  I notice it when typing.

I was not using memory playback, I turned it on, no change, turned it back off.

Intel I9-7940x @ 3.10g   32mb memory  14-core
Pages: [1]   Go Up