INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 - JRiver 28 - Conversion Cashe in Users?  (Read 674 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Windows 10 - JRiver 28 - Conversion Cashe in Users?
« on: January 26, 2023, 09:37:39 am »

Hi,
I just noticed that my C: directory is almost full and noticed that it is because of a lot of files in the C:/User/My Name/Music directory.
I can see in the JRiver settings that the files are stored by JRiver there. Is this the default setting or have I decided this once in the past? What is the point with storing this cash files? Is it OK to not use any cash as I can see that I can choose that in the settings or should I just leave it like this? Or store it next to the file or in a custom folder? What is best? I would like the to know the benefits of the different options.
Thanks,
Captor
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Windows 10 - JRiver 28 - Conversion Cashe in Users?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 10:03:04 am »

You could use the tool called Rename, Move, and Copy to move them where you want them.

Captor

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 05:19:04 am »

You could use the tool called Rename, Move, and Copy to move them where you want them.
Dear Jim,
Thanks for answering. OK, I can move it. But do I need it? Why is there a cashe at all? I know about what cash is in a browser or in several apps but I can not understand for what it is needed here in JRiver? Sorry for a stupid question but i can not find information about that.
I have taken away some artists from the cashe and it plays fine anyway. And also I noticed not all artist or songs are there in the cashe.

It look like I donīt get any email anymore when someone answers my question. I guess I have forgot to do something when I sent the post? I have not been here for a while so I probably forgot something when posted.
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 05:27:59 am »

A cache is used when you sync a handheld and it requires conversion because the handheld won't play the original.  APE to MP3, for example.  MC won't import it unless you tell it to, but does use it the next time you sync.

Try renaming the folder, just to see what happens.

Captor

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 05:53:50 am »

OK I understand. So I think better I donīt use cashe at all. I never play from a handheld. I only sometimes use the phone as remote with the app Eos. Sometimes Gizmo.
But that is not what you mean, right?  I think You mean if I play the music with the handheld from JRiver, is that correct?
JRiver for music

macdonjh

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 08:48:23 pm »

Captor, thank you for posting this.  I have a similar question.

JimH, thank you for explaining what a Conversion Cache is. 

I have a question similar to Captor's: I do sync handhelds with Media Center.  However, each time I sync a handheld I remove the files currently stored there and put new files on the hand held (I use my hand held like a juke box and want different music on it all the time).  Since what is synced to my hand held is changed every time I sync, can I simply delete my old Conversion Cache files?
Pages: [1]   Go Up