INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unexpected Results from a Library Restore - Restored more than One Library  (Read 229 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe

I have two libraries.  I restored my small library the other day from a much earlier backup.  The earlier backup of the small library was restored correctly, but I found, to my surprise, that  my main library was also deleted and replaced with an older version of that library that originally had a different name.  My smartlists also were reverted to a much earlier version.   I am thinking that for the smartlists, I made a mistake by allowing the "restore settings" checkbox to remain (was that my mistake), but I am not sure I understand why restoring one library also deleted a different library and replaced it with an earlier version (that had a different name).   [The unexpected library that was replaced was the original default library for MC that I had renamed.]   

I was able to fix the issue, but remain perplexed as to why restoring one library also deleted and replaced another library.  What do people think the story is here so I don't have that issue again.
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unexpected Results from a Library Restore - Restored more than One Library
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 09:03:31 am »

Did you try searching for other backups?  They're saved automatically as zip files.

jack wallstreet

Re: Unexpected Results from a Library Restore - Restored more than One Library
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 09:07:31 am »

I was able to fix the problem by going to a current backup (as you suggest - but I also periodically backup manually).  I was just shocked that a restore of one library also had the unexpected impact of wiping out a different library by replacing it also.  When I restore one library, I was expecting only that one to be replaced.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up