INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto import behaviour with BD rips  (Read 178 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
auto import behaviour with BD rips
« on: February 03, 2023, 02:35:53 am »

My server is on a Windows VM, passing through an optical drive is flaky so I now rip on another machine (using makemkv backup) and then rsync the directory to a share which the server has on auto import. The observed behaviour is that the import triggers before the entire copy is complete, presumably it spots the arrival of some particular file or directory and then triggers the import. This results in a library entry that needs a subsequent "update library from tags" because fields like duration are wrong (typically missing completely), presumably because the actual main mpls file hasn't arrived yet.

It would be nice if MC dealt with this more gracefully (e.g. could tell whether a copy was in progress by waiting until the contents of the directory stabilises) but, in the absence of that, is there any better way to handle it than just turning off auto import? if I have to do various steps manually anyway I might as well just do the import manually too. I suppose the main option would be to write a script that rsync's and then calls MCWS/v1/Library/Import?
Pages: [1]   Go Up