More > JRiver Media Center 30 for Windows

NEW: Additional video file metadata

<< < (18/19) > >>

jmone:
Black Bar detection is still grinding on but getting there.

Re-ripped Fury and The Patriot with makeMKV and these analyse just fine (must be some DeUHD thing back in the day on 2.1 discs). 

jmone:
So after 8 odd hours Detect Black Bars finished.  Looking really really solid!
- (currently) Not supported for JTV, IFO, ISO, bdmv3d
- Minimum Length of Video seems to be 45sec (no probs with that)
- Used Hendrik's Smartlist to look at potentially odd crops but these were only 2% of my files and they were mostly actually correct with some weird matte (combo of letter and pillar box) or older analogue transfers without crisp edges. 

No Video Crop Calculated.  Not many of these, but include:
- Taken (BD FHD)
- Sherlock Holmes (BD FHD)
- Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here (BD FHD)
- Board Walk Empire (BD FHD) S4 D1,2,4  S5 D3

Exceptions:
- Grand Budapest Hotel (BD FHD):  Reported as 272x22x1644x1058 : One of those movies that likes to switch between mattes

Notes: These are examples of some poor mastering that is shown up by this new feature
- Patriot Games, Start Trek 5 & 7, Rambo 2, and Shaun of the Dead (all BD FHD) that have a bit of unnecessary black bar edging on one side

The only thing I've found is if I clear the "Video Crop", the Aspect Ratio is not recalculated from Dimensions.  I have to run "analyze video" again.  Not a biggie but worth mentioning.

Well done!

Hendrik:

--- Quote from: jmone on March 10, 2023, 02:27:41 am ---No Video Crop Calculated.  Not many of these, but include:
- Taken (BD FHD)
- Sherlock Holmes (BD FHD)
- Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here (BD FHD)
- Board Walk Empire (BD FHD) S4 D1,2,4  S5 D3

--- End quote ---

What file types are those? BDMV?

With BDMV it only picks one m2ts file to look at, I wonder how solid that is on fancy discs with lots of branching, or other shenanigans. But I can't really justify having a full BD demuxer there at this point. Maybe once I've made one for Linux, it can be used here..

jmone:
All are BDMV (rips from original BD):
- Taken : One big M2TS, does not look special in any way
- Sherlock Holmes 2 : Yup, it is a seamless branding disk with several M2TS.  Largest M2TS is a 30min segment from the middle of the movie and should produce the correct crop
- Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here : Forget it, it's one of those Audio BD with a few Video segments, but the main segment is Audio only with Black Video
- Board Walk Empire : It's the typical TV BD with one large M2TS per eps.  Can't see anything obviously different between the Discs that work fine in this series and the ones that don't

It's really not worth tracking down.  At best it is a few discs out of bucket loads.  Just reporting in.

lello:
With bdmv the audio title field is not populated: is this normal?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version