INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Service  (Read 370 times)

botsuka

Web Service
« on: February 05, 2023, 11:24:58 am »

Hello, I recently upgraded from MC25 to MC30, and found the web service stopped responding. Was it removed in one of the versions since 25?
When I go into Services the only thing I could find related to web services was Engen and that appears to run on port 52125, but when I test that it comes back 'No Engen Server was detected' on the URL. I also tried going to localhost and trying port 52199 as well, and all I get is localhost refused to connect. Windows firewall is disabled and do not run any other software firewall on my Windows PC.
I apologize if this was already posted, but I didn't find any recent posts in last couple of years for this. 

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Web Service
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 12:03:18 pm »

Tools... Options.... Media Network.   Is "Use Media Network to share..." checked.  I believe that is required to start the Library server and Web services.

botsuka

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 12:17:46 pm »

That was it. I guess that setting didn't come over in the upgrade process. Thank you.

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 06:48:45 pm »

That was it. I guess that setting didn't come over in the upgrade process. Thank you.

Yeah, I get why it's disabled (IIRC it sets up the firewall exceptions when you click it) but I wouldn't mind being asked about it while upgrading to save the click.
More than a few times I've wondered why my automation / interfaces stopped working after an upgrade only to remember this.

Pages: [1]   Go Up