INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO Problem  (Read 376 times)

lalaland

ASIO Problem
« on: February 18, 2023, 07:28:17 pm »

When tried to play music through JMC30, the error message said "An error occurred during playback. Detailed information Unable to start playback of output 'ASIO' using format '192 ktlz 2ch’”

the playback device appears to support ASID:

In the attachments, there are the logs and screenshots for the problem.

Except "Go to JMC settings and use DSP Studio > Output format to force everything to a lower bit rate." Is there any other way to directly resolve the ASID error?

If you need more details, please contact me.
Thanks for help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ASIO Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 09:36:50 pm »

Assuming you mean ASIO and not ASID, the error message is correct.  Did you try it?

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ASIO Problem
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 10:39:20 pm »

The way to resolve it is to force everything incompatible to the highest rate that is (and a correct multiple of the target rate)

Not all devices / drivers support full 192kHz audio.

If you know for a fact that the ASIO driver and your target device support a sample rate (say 192kHz) but JRiver is unable to start playback in that format, consider checking to see if another application has control of the ASIO driver and is forcing a specific sample rate.
Depending on how your specific drivers are implemented and if they take advantage of ASIO shared mode, there may be another application dictating the sample rate.

Pages: [1]   Go Up