INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stoerende Cover-Beschreibung  (Read 1173 times)

Henja

Stoerende Cover-Beschreibung
« on: February 20, 2023, 12:27:18 am »

Nach langem Suchen (und vielen Fehlinformationen) bin ich endlich dahintergestiegen, warum MP3-Dateien auf anderen Playern (Fernseher, Autoradio) nur ganz selten angezeigt werden: Es scheitert an einer automatisch eingetragenen Cover-Beschreibung (%cover_description%) mit dem Wort picture oder Picture. Dies geschieht immer dann, wenn das Cover "Aus Datei" hinzugefügt wird. Wo kann ich einstellen, dass dies in Zukunft nicht mehr passiert? Und wie kann ich meine vielen Dateien unkompliziert bereinigen?

Sicherheitshalber noch auf englisch:
After a long search (and a lot of misinformation) I finally figured out why MP3 files are rarely displayed on other players (TV, car radio): It fails because of an automatically entered cover description (%cover_description%) with the word picture or Picture. This always happens when the cover is added "From File". Where can I set this not to happen in the future? And how can I clean up my many files in an uncomplicated way?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Stoerende Cover-Beschreibung
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 08:21:39 am »

We store images using the standard ID3v2 tagging.

You could disable tag writing as a work-around.

If there's some specific change you'd like to see to image tagging, please provide more details.

Thanks (and sorry for not speaking Deutsch!).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Henja

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 11:42:31 am »

Support-Antwort auf deutsch:

Wir speichern Bilder mit der Standard-ID3v2-Kennzeichnung.
Sie können das Schreiben von Tags als Workaround deaktivieren.
Wenn es eine spezielle Änderung gibt, die Sie gerne sehen würden, geben Sie bitte mehr Details an.
Danke (und sorry, dass ich kein Deutsch spreche!).

Hallo Matt,

vielen Dank für die sehr schnelle Antwort. Kein Deutsch sprechen ist für mich kein Problem.

Ich möchte natürlich nicht das Tagging deaktivieren, aber ich möchte nicht, dass beim Tagging das Wort Picture automatisch in den ID3v2-Tags eingetragen wird – wenn ich es eintragen würde, wäre es ja das Wort Bild.

Mein Problem (und das vieler anderer Anwender): In MediaJukebox erscheinen alle Cover ganz prima, sobald man die Dateien auf einen USB-Stick exportiert kann weder das Autoradio noch ein Fernseher die Cover anzeigen. Das Problem ärgert mich schon seit Jahren und ich konnte es erst durch Einsatz des MD3Tag-Editors lokalisieren und beheben, dieser Aufwand ist jedoch nicht tragbar. Entweder gibt es einen Bug in MediaJukebox oder in den ID3v2-Spezifikationen – behoben werden muss es aber, da in diversen Support-Foren unsinnige Anweisungen aber keine Problemlösungen angeboten werden. Screenshots anbei.

In Englisch:

Hello Matt,

thank you very much for the very quick answer. Not speaking Deutsch is not a problem for me.

I don't want to deactivate tagging, of course, but I don't want the word Picture to be automatically entered in the ID3v2 tags when tagging - if I were to enter it, it would be the word Bild.

My problem (and that of many other users): In MediaJukebox all covers appear just fine, as soon as you export the files to a USB stick neither the car radio nor a TV can display the covers. This problem has been annoying me for years and I was only able to locate and fix it by using the MD3Tag editor, but this effort is not sustainable. Either there is a bug in MediaJukebox or in the ID3v2 specifications - but it has to be fixed, as various support forums offer nonsensical instructions but no solutions to the problem. Screenshots attached.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 11:50:03 am »

Just to be sure, are you testing the latest MC30?  Thanks.

Henja

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 12:01:19 am »

Yes: 30.0.59 (64 bit)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 09:38:36 am »

What makes you think that field is the problem?  Your screenshots show the image properly.

We save a string to the tag for the description, but that is correct according to the specification.

Thanks.

Henja

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2023, 10:27:15 am »

The images are saved correctly and there are no problems in Mediajukebox. However, as soon as files are exported from Mediajukebox to e.g. a USB stick, external devices (e.g. Samsung Smart TV, Renault car radio) cannot display the covers with cover descriptions.
It affects all files for which a cover has been added from a file and e.g. not Amazon downloads (they do not have a cover description).

Saving a string (the word Picture) may be correct according to the specification, but is it mandatory? Can't the field be left empty?

If this can't be prevented, it would still be nice if these cover descriptions can be deleted directly in MediaJukebox and I don't have to use an additional TAG editor for this.

Thank you very much for your efforts so far.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Pages: [1]   Go Up