INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonos Playback Problem  (Read 471 times)

Craig Shipley

• Recent member
Sonos Playback Problem
« on: February 19, 2023, 04:54:14 pm »

Prior to the latest update, both of my Sonos One remote speakers (one hardwired to the network, the other on WiFi) worked just fine. Now, both stop playing anything after ~9 seconds, as per the progress bar. Windows sees both of them just fine as does MC30.

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sonos Playback Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 07:12:20 pm »

Prior to the latest update, both of my Sonos One remote speakers (one hardwired to the network, the other on WiFi) worked just fine. Now, both stop playing anything after ~9 seconds, as per the progress bar. Windows sees both of them just fine as does MC30.

I use Sonos all the time and have had no issues.
John

Craig Shipley

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 07:24:08 pm »

I saw an earlier post that indicated that downgrading to the S1 s/w version on the Sonos One could solve the issue, did that and the problem remains the same. 9 seconds of audio and then it just stops. I have other computers on the network so will try it from one of them to see if this issue is localized to this one machine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 07:40:24 am »

Prior to the latest update ...
What did you update?

jack wallstreet

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 08:21:24 am »

I don't know if you have done so, but try rebooting the sonos speakers (on the Move, that is a long press of the power button.  Not sure what it is on the One - I have both) or try resetting the Speakers.  I have done that on my Move Speakers to try to solve problems in the past - not due to MC updates.  Also, but sure to check your Sonos app and what it is telling you.
John

Craig Shipley

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 04:47:10 pm »

What did you update?

The program automatically updated to the latest version of Media Center.

Since my last post, I tried to play music on the Sonos speakers from another PC that had not automatically updated to the latest and greatest version of Media Center and they both worked fine; hit the 9 second mark and kept on going. Ran the upgrade and the speakers still play just fine. So it seems like it is a problem localized to this particular PC and not MC. I uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh d/l of the latest MC, restored the library and settings; rebooted PC and everything is back to normal. Thanks to everyone that helped out!
Pages: [1]   Go Up