INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 30 occasionally deletes library views after closing  (Read 669 times)

AudibleImagery

• Junior Woodchuck
Media Center 30 occasionally deletes library views after closing
« on: February 22, 2023, 02:00:38 pm »

Hello,

I've had a recurring issue in which MC30 randomly deletes all seven of my library views after I've closed MC30. I occasionally will close MC30 after I make a lot of changes just to get it to update the database in case it crashes which it occasionally does on my MacBook Pro. Is there any way to update my MC30 database more frequently so that I don't have to occasionally close it? Restoring a backup will sometimes restore the library views but oftentimes the issue occurs randomly and so the most recent backup will be from a day prior which is unhelpful because my library changes by the hour on any given day. I then have to spend 30 minutes to an hour re-adding the saved library views.

Another closely related issue I have is that when I save a library view it won't save as is, it will save as a random library from my seven library views. This is annoying in itself but then when I try to load my libraries (after they've randomly been deleted after closing MC30), they will add randomly from my saved list of library views.

How do I get MC30 to stop randomly deleting my library views? How do I get MC30 to properly save and load my library views?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Missing library views after closing
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 02:33:37 pm »

It doesn't delete library views or anything else unless you tell it to.  Or you have a problem with the machine writing files reliably.

Are the files on an internal drive?  Where is MC's database located.  It should be on the local drive, not on a NAS or USB drive.

AudibleImagery

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 03:07:51 pm »

It doesn't delete library views or anything else unless you tell it to.  Or you have a problem with the machine writing files reliably.

Are the files on an internal drive?  Where is MC's database located.  It should be on the local drive, not on a NAS or USB drive.

Well it's deleting library views without me telling it to. My machine writes files reliably.

The library view files are located locally on my MacBook Pro's 8TB SSD where MC30 is installed.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 03:11:07 pm »

Are you using another machine as a server?  Anything else unusual about your setup?

AudibleImagery

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 03:16:09 pm »

Are you using another machine as a server?  Anything else unusual about your setup?

No, I use my MacBook Pro as my server. There isn't anything unusual about my setup that I know of. I save my library views in the default "Saved Views" folder.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 30 occasionally deletes library views after closing
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 03:22:01 pm »

What is the full path of that location?

Try saving them somewhere else.

AudibleImagery

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 04:05:41 pm »

What is the full path of that location?

Try saving them somewhere else.

The full file path is: /Users/neo/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 30/Library/Saved Views

I moved the saved views to another folder. On another note, I found this folder in my home folder that seems like it might be related and therefore might be of interest to you:

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2023, 09:31:23 am »

The full file path is: /Users/neo/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 30/Library/Saved Views

I moved the saved views to another folder. On another note, I found this folder in my home folder that seems like it might be related and therefore might be of interest to you:
That is interesting.
It appears your library is in the default location?

AudibleImagery

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2023, 11:54:34 pm »

That is interesting.
It appears your library is in the default location?

Yeah my library is in the default location.
Pages: [1]   Go Up