INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Problems starting with Build 300064-x64 with Video files  (Read 880 times)

Purecut

• World Citizen

As I have already written in another post, I have problems importing movie files after Build 65 onwards.
When I update a movie with a new version of the movie, some tags will not be updated corretly. For clearing: it is the same movie with the same filename, but the new movie has a different dimension, bps, etc. Before build 65 the tags were updates correctly after I click "Import  Tags from data". This will not happen after Build 65.

Image 1 - shows the tags with the old movie (the old movie had a dimension from 1920 x 1080)
Image 2 - shows the tags after the new movie file was stored in MC (this movie has a dimension from 3840 x 2160) and after selected the function (Analyze Video)

You see that the new movie file will also show in the database 1920 x 1080, the same BPS, movie length. Only the HDR fields are updated.

Than I deleted the complete movie from disk and database through MC and imported the movie completely new.
Image 3 - shows the new imported file. In contrast to previous versions, many tags are no longer filled like "Dimension, Length, Ratio etc.)

Also the Compression tag (Image 4) is not correct. It shows the values from the original old movie and not from the new one.
Event the Audio Form (Image 5). The Audio field shows the values from the old movie. The new movie do not have AAC 2.0. The correct values from the new movie must be "Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 and Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 Atmos)

Than I imported a completely new different movie and also the same behavior like in Image 3. Many relevant tags are empty.

I need help with this behavior.
Many thanks

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Importing Problems starting with Build 300065-x64 with Video files
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 02:58:00 pm »

Do you use sidecar.xml files? You may need to delete them when you replace the Video file to prevent MC from re-importing old data from the sidecar.

Also, I think "Analyze Video" doesn't overwrite existing tags. Try "Update Library (from tags)".

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 03:30:48 pm »

Do you use sidecar.xml files? You may need to delete them when you replace the Video file to prevent MC from re-importing old data from the sidecar.

Also, I think "Analyze Video" doesn't overwrite existing tags. Try "Update Library (from tags)".

Hi,

I deleted the sidecar.xml files, before. You also see the complete NEW imported movie. There are also the main tags empty.
Analyze Video overwrites existing tags and I also used "Update Library (from tags)" With the same result in the complete NEW imported movie. Empty fields.

Are there any changes within the ffmeg library or the mkv file format in MC?

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 05:03:23 pm »

Can I install a previous build (58) over a new one (65)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 05:15:13 pm »

Yes.

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 05:16:33 pm »

Ok I installed the Build 63 over the Build 66 and all the problems are gone. The Import is running as it should be. So there is something changed in the new builds that MKV files will not be tagged correctly during the import or when I start Update Library (from tags). Please can you check the libraries that you are using in the new builds. Also the Build 63 is running quicker during Import / Tag-Update.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 05:16:55 pm »

My guess is that your plugin libraries did not update properly. MC needs to have access to the internet to download dependencies.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 05:22:18 pm »

My guess is that your plugin libraries did not update properly. MC needs to have access to the internet to download dependencies.

Hendrik, can you give me the content of the plugin library Name, Filesize or a zip of the currently builds, so that I can check this.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 05:39:58 pm »

When you first play a video, you will see a message saying that MC is downloading additional components.

If you don't see it, the download was done.

If you've blocked MC from doing this in the firewall, it would create a problem.

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2023, 05:46:00 pm »

When you first play a video, you will see a message saying that MC is downloading additional components.

If you don't see it, the download was done.

If you've blocked MC from doing this in the firewall, it would create a problem.

That is a problem for me, because I use the MC only as library server. What for components must I download and install? Why is that not possible to download missing components during install?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2023, 06:11:36 pm »

MC will download the dependencies whenever they are used the first time, either for playback or import, or anything else that needs them. But it does need to have access to the internet to do this.

You can check the log file after trying to import a video, or post a log here, it should show if the download is failing or something else is going on.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2023, 06:23:21 pm »

Here's the log

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2023, 07:09:50 pm »

And here's the log where everything runs as it should (build 63).

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2023, 02:58:16 am »

I just tested Import/Analyze with .66 and it's working fine for me. It takes 5 or 6 seconds on a 4K/15GB file due to the new VideoCrop detection - not ideal, but it works.

In your bad log:
- There's a "DownloadFromHTTPURL" web request that fails with 404 (not found) about 6 seconds before you import the file. Not sure if this is for the tool/codec updates as the URL is not logged.
- JRWorker.exe /AnalyzeJRVid is called to process the Aliens.mkv movie - it hangs and times out after 30 seconds
- JRWorker.exe /AnalyzeDX is called (fallback - not called in the good case) but it also times out after 30 seconds
- MC calls "Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileVideoBareMinimum", just adding the file with no info

MC .66 adds VideoCrop detection which is slow as it needs to decode some frames of the movie to do its job. It may be related to that. Try copying the file to C: and import from there to see if it still happens, to rule out network issues.

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2023, 03:09:21 am »

I just tested Import/Analyze with .66 and it's working fine for me. It takes 5 or 6 seconds on a 4K/15GB file due to the new VideoCrop detection - not ideal, but it works.

In your bad log:
- There's a "DownloadFromHTTPURL" web request that fails with 404 (not found) about 6 seconds before you import the file. Not sure if this is for the tool/codec updates as the URL is not logged.
- JRWorker.exe /AnalyzeJRVid is called to process the Aliens.mkv movie - it hangs and times out after 30 seconds
- JRWorker.exe /AnalyzeDX is called (fallback - not called in the good case) but it also times out after 30 seconds
- MC calls "Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileVideoBareMinimum", just adding the file with no info

MC .66 adds VideoCrop detection which is slow as it needs to decode some frames of the movie to do its job. It may be related to that. Try copying the file to C: and import from there to see if it still happens, to rule out network issues.

Thanks for that. I tried to import from drive C and the same. MC is free for connections to outside. This happens beginning with Build (64). All the other builds are running fine with no changes to MC. So MC gets to the internet to 100%.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2023, 03:18:47 am »

Crop was actually added in 64. v65 doesn't seem to change anything related to video. FFmpeg was also updated in 64.

30.0.65 (2/17/2023)

1. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
2. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Changed: The ConvertDate expression function accepts more than one parameter again and just ignores everything after the first (unless it's 3 or 6 since that's the new format).
4. Changed: Theater View web page keyboard control: Escape key now acts as "back" and mouse cursor movement is accelerated when holding down on directional arrow keys.  Optional Theater View customization when adding a web page to the menu.

30.0.64 (2/17/2023)

1. Fixed: Various improvements to AC-4 audio decoding, including fixed channel mapping and improvements to audio timing to reduce glitches in playback.  For ATSC 3.0 TV.
2. Changed: Updated FFmpeg to 5.1, used for file analysis and transcoding.
3. NEW: Video Analysis can now identify "immersive" Atmos and DTS:X audio tracks.
4. NEW: Crop (Black Bar) detection has been added to Video Analysis.

5. Fixed: Video analysis would not fill the "HDR Mastering Color Space" field.

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2023, 03:22:03 am »

Sorry I changed it to (64). I'm running now buid (63) with no errors.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 03:46:29 am »

It looks like analysis timing out is indeed the problem for you. I'm working on separating the basic import and the detailed analysis so that one wouldn't affect the other, and also give more control.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023, 03:55:08 am »

Hendrik, would it be possible to add a way to disable just the Crop detection? Even if it's a reg key...
Purecut, which CPU do you have?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2023, 06:30:36 am »

I'm currently thinking about splitting black bar detection out into a separate process that can be toggled for import like audio analysis, and runs in a tag window or something rather then happening during import itself. That should cover the timeout issues and give people the flexibility to decide if they want to run it.

In the meantime I've increased the timeout for the normal import process. I previously only increased it for the extended process, but the normal import also gathers the extended data right now, so it should have the same amount of time.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2023, 07:03:02 am »

Thanks for identifying the issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up