INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I stream Music from JRiver to a UPnP (DLNA) streamer please ??  (Read 725 times)

stop-spinning

• Recent member

Sorry I am totally new to JRiver - I have tried the above using Squeezebox LMS and plugins - but I fear it's not best suited to my setup.

My systems is as follows: Marantz NA7004 network streamer to Audio Note DAC 0.1x - into Croft pre/power amplification.

Neither my streamer or amp has remote control volume in any way shape or form - so I am looking to achieve this using software volume control from the streaming software as a source.

Firstly I would like to stream a radio station (Radio Swiss Jazz for example) - from JRiver using UPnP protocol to the NA7004 - then use the software volume control from JRiver to control the sound using an iPhone app.

Is the above at all possible?

stop-spinning

• Recent member
Re: Can I stream Music from JRiver to a UPnP (DLNA) streamer please ??
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 05:15:37 am »

Sorry I don't know if anyone can help here - I am starting afresh after LMS and thinking about moving over to JRiver if the question I posed is possible.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I stream Music from JRiver to a UPnP (DLNA) streamer please ??
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 02:34:29 pm »

Yes, this should be possible.  Your Marantz streamer would show up as a zone after you enable DLNA in Media Network settings in MC.  When using one of the remote apps, the volume in the app will control the Marantz's volume.  I stream to my Denon AVR like this. You can use the MC trial to make sure it works for you before you purchase.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up