INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Doctor Behavior  (Read 783 times)

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
Play Doctor Behavior
« on: February 11, 2023, 05:35:47 am »

I use Play Doctor quite a bit. Oftentimes I will invoke it while listening to a particular song within an album. I’ll be listening and think “this would make a good seed.”  Sometimes you just want a vibe to fit your current mood or whatever.

As you know, if you choose “Play with doctor” the list will be built but the song will start over. I would love it if I could invoke Play Doctor on a song without that song starting anew.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Play Doctor Behavior
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 08:00:38 am »

I would love it if I could invoke Play Doctor on a song without that song starting anew.
That's what should happen now.  Try right clicking on the song and choosing Play with Play Doctor.

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 09:54:37 am »

That's what should happen now.  Try right clicking on the song and choosing Play with Play Doctor.

I’ll try again when I get home but my recollection is that if the song was already playing, it begins again as the first song in the newly created Doctor list.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 09:59:34 am »

If it doesn't work, please provide steps to reproduce.

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 03:59:10 pm »

If it doesn't work, please provide steps to reproduce.

You're absolutely correct, apologies! I think I was confusing this with using MCWS to generate the Play Doctor list. If it can be done this way via MCWS I would love a hint. Here is my current method:

/MCWS/v1/Browse/Files?Action=play&ActiveFile=" & <file key of currently playing track> & "&ActiveFileOnly=1&PlayDoctor=1&PlayMode=NextToPlay&Zone=-1&ZoneType=ID'

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2023, 07:24:00 am »

I have also tried this, using a few different file keys as the seed:

localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayDoctor?Seed=551212&Zone=-1&ZoneType=ID

But in each case the response from MC is "That search produced no results in your library. Please try again."

Still trying to uncover the magic of the "seed" without interrupting play from MCWS

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 08:36:18 am »

Thank you Matt for solving this and adding to MC 30!!

For those who want to be able to remotely call a new Play Doctor list from the currently playing tune, here is the format:

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayDoctor?Key=556937

...where the digits at the end represent the file key of the currently playing tune. I'll post a script for getting the file key in a sec.

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 08:40:34 am »

Here is code you can use to get the current file key and then make the Play Doctor list:

Code: [Select]
set xmlString to do shell script "curl 'http://10.0.0.64:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?Zone=-1'"
set fileKey to do shell script "echo " & quoted form of xmlString & " | grep -oE '<Item Name=\"FileKey\">[^<]+' | sed -E 's/<Item Name=\"FileKey\">//'"

do shell script "curl 'http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayDoctor?Key='" & fileKey

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2023, 01:39:37 pm »

Glad it's working ;D
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up