INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wi fi issues  (Read 623 times)

BerntF

Wi fi issues
« on: March 07, 2023, 05:46:57 am »

As a novice in these matters, first i am wondering if media center send the signal via the router and back to the speakers, via wifi and thus getting a poor signal to the speakers.
Secondly, is there any easy way to improve speeds, since i am measuring ca 100mbit via wifi from  router downstairs to my laptop upstairs. But to my speakers only get between 5 or 6 mbit if im lucky. 
Is Happy with some input.

Bernt F

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Wi fi issues
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 08:27:33 am »

Do you have your speakers via WiFi connected to the Router?
You don't have a Repeater in between?
Do you have your Laptop connected to the router through Wifi?
If the speakers are connected through Wifi, are they connected using DLNA?
Do you have a mesh network?
E.g., If you are having an AVM router, enable it for TV streaming.

Sorry without that it's difficult to give you an answer.

In general Wifi is sometimes poor. On Wednesday my Devialet shows typically a WiFi Signal strength ~ -30db. On Saturday ~ -50db.
I have a Repeater connected to a GB Eth. switch and every component is connected to the switch.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

BerntF

Re: Wi fi issues
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 04:33:22 am »

Thanks for answering i will try to clarify.
First i have a router and hub downstairs wich is attached to a repeater linked  to another repeater upstairs.
This is where i have my laptop connected/attached to my wireless speaker and yes its connected to router via wifi.
Also i am using a media player "JRiver" where i have configured a media library using DLNA.
Dont know if its mesh network since the "electrician" who installed it did not supply me with acces to the router!!
As i said i have 70 - 100 mbit to my laptop, works fine, but when i am checking, via an app to my speakers, it is only 3-5 mbit.
In some instances i had a lot more, restarting the router, but it hasnt done the trick lately.
I am not a network wisard but i am thankful for som input.
Regards Bernt
Pages: [1]   Go Up