INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is anyone else having problem with "Get Movie & TV Info" feature [Solved]  (Read 630 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I added a new movie to my collection, but the "Get Movie & TV Info" data search is not returning anything (stuck "Searching for Results"). Today is March 16th. My last addition was on 3/3 and no problem then. I'm using MC30.0.76

I assume the search feature is just down for now. I tried a couple of times today.

Is it just me?

tzr916

• MC Beta Team

Presently it's working for me here
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈØ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

CountryBumkin

It's still not working here.
I only get data from "Metacritic" and there is nothing showing for the movie "Devotion" (the 2022 movie starring Jonathan Majors and Glen Powell).
I tried running it on a movie that already had data (an import I did on 3/3) and that time the movie data was found - but again the only source its looking at is Metacritic.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

Look in the log to see what, if any, errors are reported

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Make sure [Media Sub Type] is set to Movie. You can also populate the [IMDB id] field to help MC find it (tt7693316).

CountryBumkin

Hi guys,
Still not working. I tried again with the movie "Devotion" after a few minutes the search ended and came back with nothing. Then I tried a movie that I previously looked up (known good data available) and this time it worked (still took a long time) but I got the art work and all, howevert the only source being used is Metacritic. I'm pretty sure there are other sources.

Attached is the log. If you use the find tool in notepad and search for "Devotion", the first hit is around 0031430. Other hits throughout 199479831, 199542333, etc.

I cant figure out what is wrong from the Log. If anyone else can take a look I would be very appreciative. I was only able to provide some of the log file as the original/full file size is too large to attach here.
Thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator

The requests to TMDB timeout after 20 seconds. Sounds like some network issues on your end, considering it works for everyone else still.

I assume you can actually access https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/653851-devotion ?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

It's spending 20 seconds waiting and then failing.

0051445: 4784: Reader: CWinINetReader::Open: ConnectToURL failed, timed out (20000 ms), URL=https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=[removed]  &query=Devotion&language=en
0051445: 4784: Reader: CWinINetReader::Close: Start
0051446: 2576: Reader: CWinINetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Canceled (checked after HttpSendRequest)
0051446: 2576: Reader: CWinINetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Finish (20014 ms)
0051446: 2576: Reader: CWinINetReader::Thread: Finish (20014 ms)
0051477: 4784: Reader: CWinINetReader::Close: Finish (31 ms)
0051477: 4784: Reader: CWinINetReader::Open: Finish (20046 ms)

JimH

• Administrator

You may have an Internet access problem (firewall, etc.)

If I copy the URL from the above text and enter it in a browser, I get something.
Code: [Select]
{"page":1,"results":[{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/5pMy5LF2JAleBNBtuzizfCMWM7k.jpg","genre_ids":[10752,36,18],"id":653851,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"The harrowing true story of two elite US Navy fighter pilots during the Korean War. Their heroic sacrifices would ultimately make them the Navy's most celebrated wingmen.","popularity":419.992,"poster_path":"/26yQPXymbWeCLKwcmyL8dRjAzth.jpg","release_date":"2022-11-23","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":7.359,"vote_count":380},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/vp5PlKNSijYC9xwiRi5veclouHq.jpg","genre_ids":[18],"id":90093,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"In Victorian England, literary siblings Emily and Charlotte Brontë vie for the affection of the Rev. Arthur Nicholls. Along with their sister Anne, Emily and Charlotte also try to help their tormented brother Branwell, a gifted artist whose life is being destroyed by alcohol.","popularity":3.262,"poster_path":"/gpK8knu0aBcgN2MUTC1gPVc4n7C.jpg","release_date":"1946-04-05","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":6.188,"vote_count":8},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/lckMDX9w31pRexuzTZyY5gfYEbh.jpg","genre_ids":[35,18,10749],"id":120743,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"A young Londoner (Ann Harding) disguises herself to become governess of the son of the barrister (Leslie Howard) she loves.","popularity":1.266,"poster_path":"/liReUJg621itxh3lQqzksDVvT7L.jpg","release_date":"1931-09-25","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":7.0,"vote_count":3},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[27],"id":483965,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"After the suicide of her best friend, a young woman is drawn to a city with a dark past that holds the key to a sinister mystery.","popularity":1.726,"poster_path":"/7pFS8RJWrdmRBGOIjOjdqwX8eXD.jpg","release_date":"2017-10-04","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[99],"id":537020,"original_language":"hy","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"Yeranouhy and Mariam Aslamazians. Two sisters. Two elderly women with young glittering eyes. Two outstanding artists presenting a big number of their works to a gallery in their native town. 'Father to be proud of his daughters', - one of them said.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":null,"release_date":"1988-05-05","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[99],"id":567842,"original_language":"fr","original_title":"Dévotion","overview":"An auspicious day to fill as Paris wakes up under a thick layer of snow; Dévotion is wandering to the Palais de Chaillot through a paralyzed Paris.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/1zXpC4yQt2070C67L9aNLNav3Z8.jpg","release_date":"1984-04-05","title":"Dévotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[],"id":301546,"original_language":"fi","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"Who judges and who is judged? Love has many layers.","popularity":0.729,"poster_path":null,"release_date":"2014-07-17","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[18],"id":714804,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"Filled with despair by the loss of her mother in a car accident, eleven-year-old bi-racial Alice finds it hard to accept that her father Grant wants to start a new life. She resents their cozy new bungalow in small town Ontario and longs for her mum. In Alice's recurring nightmares of the car accident, her dad's drinking is to blame for the crash.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/qIBbMgbkEfDuXF3K8OfebtZqCbl.jpg","release_date":"2005-02-11","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[],"id":606143,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"An openly gay star on the standup comedy circuit gets a shot at her own TV sitcom, but the offer has serious strings attached. A ghost from her past threatens not only her professional future, but her relationship with her live-in-lover of four years.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/ySRrYVNDnxZTQHQxYCVGwX8BAwM.jpg","release_date":"1995-06-06","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.8,"vote_count":2},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[27,18],"id":289702,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"How far would you go for the one you love?","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":null,"release_date":"2013-12-07","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[99],"id":451314,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"A sparing and minimal travelogue of Istanbul. A foreigner meditates on the unraveling of a relationship while moving from hotel room to hotel room. In a city simultaneously devoted to Islam and secular nationalism, she finds refuge in the frailty and severity of the rituals of devotion.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/vvUPHQ44LrYG5EwS43sG7z074Qa.jpg","release_date":"2003-04-09","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[],"id":818012,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"A pastor bumps into an old trainer and begins boxing after his wife retires from MMA fighting.","popularity":0.848,"poster_path":"/ub2mhJ5V2P50QLKHUHci8eL8wFR.jpg","release_date":"","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/rPygOt9o7K8ZDBzuY1P1YeBSe1t.jpg","genre_ids":[16,18,14],"id":1037015,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"The journey of an art work until it is subject to the critics. In a foggy environment, individuals of stone emerge from earth, carrying giant books on their backs. They starts walking, going through many obstacles, in order to finally arrive in front of the Judgement.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/zRa1O0g4lOFcjjiTnT2goRehMuV.jpg","release_date":"2018-06-29","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[],"id":950071,"original_language":"hi","original_title":"Untitled Sujoy Ghosh Netflix film","overview":"Based on the 2005 Japanese novel The Devotion of Suspect X by Keigo Higashino, the project revolves around a single mother, played by Kareena Kapoor, who lives with her daughter alongside their neighbour in Kalimpong. When her abusive ex-husband returns to Kalimpong to extort money from his former wife, he gets killed by accident in the scuffle.  It is here that the neighbour, who is revealed to be in love with her, offers his help in disposing off the body. After lengthy investigations and rock-solid alibis, the police are still not convinced about her innocence. What ensues is a twisted tale about depression, secret romances and murders.","popularity":0.84,"poster_path":null,"release_date":"","title":"The Devotion of Suspect X","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/rhrSjhxt9PcrCwBSsrlut6FAQXN.jpg","genre_ids":[35,18,10749],"id":311131,"original_language":"ja","original_title":"愛の言霊〜世界の果てまで〜","overview":"Hirofumi and Shinji are colleagues at the same advertising agency. Hirofumi works in IT, and Shinji is on the company's elite fast track. The two start off completely on the wrong feet, but as time passes they find themselves falling for each other.","popularity":0.85,"poster_path":"/2wuHVKFxctcDZOA05ST22nRCGFZ.jpg","release_date":"2010-08-07","title":"Words of Devotion: To the End of the World","video":false,"vote_average":4.5,"vote_count":6},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/zX3w7jLLontUWQMezQx9BrSdAKu.jpg","genre_ids":[9648,53],"id":446076,"original_language":"zh","original_title":"嫌疑人X的献身","overview":"Based on Keigo Higashino’s award-winning novel, THE DEVOTION OF SUSPECT X follows a professor (Wang Kai) assisting in a murder investigation, only to find that a longtime rival and friend (Zhang Luyi) from his early university days may be involved.","popularity":2.284,"poster_path":"/n1XjBmHhGRltTDjPFaWD99kYI5U.jpg","release_date":"2017-03-31","title":"The Devotion of Suspect X","video":false,"vote_average":5.273,"vote_count":11},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/sdwXH41YgkUec0m4YaWRtwl42Pt.jpg","genre_ids":[18],"id":176617,"original_language":"cn","original_title":"可憐天下父母心","overview":"Poor teacher Chan Chi-hong, his wife Lee Yuk-mei and their five children survive on his meagre pay. When he is laid off by two schools in a row, the family runs into difficulties. The children resort to begging on the streets to pay the mother's medical bills. Turning to writing, Chan's novel fails to find a publisher and, worse still, he comes down with tuberculosis. Dealt a further blow by the death of the youngest daughter and the pressures from the loan sharks, Chan contemplates killing himself and his family but changes his mind when he witnesses the sacrifices made by other parents for their children. He vows to be a dutiful father and tries his best to overcome their adversities. His novel is finally published and sells well. Through thick and thin, the family at last sees the light at the end of the tunnel.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/s5t0bp4L00pGVK8NaPkITfpZLuZ.jpg","release_date":"1960-04-08","title":"The Great Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/swGHosB2l5oZY5mgL5CBHkQYTie.jpg","genre_ids":[18,10749],"id":249330,"original_language":"ja","original_title":"愛の言霊","overview":"Ootani and Tachibana have been inseparable since high school. Now that they're in college, they live together, they're happy and everything seems prefect. But their little world is disrupted when they meet an old high school friend, Yuki, who seems to have a crush on Tachibana, making Ootani feel jealous and insecure. Will Tachibana really choose him over a pretty girl?","popularity":2.441,"poster_path":"/4PvAfFGlE6KngYM4jNgqVsiSXOx.jpg","release_date":"2007-10-27","title":"Words of Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":5.1,"vote_count":11},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[],"id":1047976,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Amore senza stima","overview":"The film tells the story of Maria, a young typist who falls in love with a distinguished gentleman by whom she becomes pregnant, without knowing that he is married. The gentleman, assailed by debts resulting from his dissipated life, depends upon his rich wife, and has no intention of marrying the poor girl. After having refused the money offered by him in compensation for her dishonour, Maria wanders desperately, with her baby in her arms, until she decides to accept the propositions of a stranger, with the single aim of buying a gun to carry out her own revenge.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":null,"release_date":"1914-02-01","title":"A Wife's Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[10749,18],"id":314116,"original_language":"ja","original_title":"執炎","overview":"The tragic tale of Kiyono, a young woman from the mountain who fell in love with Takuji, a fisherman's son, and her devotion to him during a time of war.","popularity":1.027,"poster_path":"/9h1BSATpPUGmgnmOzGiEQ7yI5uY.jpg","release_date":"1964-11-22","title":"The Flame of Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":6.8,"vote_count":5}],"total_pages":5,"total_results":84}

JimH

• Administrator

{"page":1,"results":[{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/5pMy5LF2JAleBNBtuzizfCMWM7k.jpg","genre_ids":[10752,36,18],"id":653851,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"The harrowing true story of two elite US Navy fighter pilots during the Korean War. Their heroic sacrifices would ultimately make them the Navy's most celebrated wingmen.","popularity":419.992,"poster_path":"/26yQPXymbWeCLKwcmyL8dRjAzth.jpg","release_date":"2022-11-23","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":7.359,"vote_count":380},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/vp5PlKNSijYC9xwiRi5veclouHq.jpg","genre_ids":[18],"id":90093,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"In Victorian England, literary siblings Emily and Charlotte Brontë vie for the affection of the Rev. Arthur Nicholls. Along with their sister Anne, Emily and Charlotte also try to help their tormented brother Branwell, a gifted artist whose life is being destroyed by alcohol.","popularity":3.262,"poster_path":"/gpK8knu0aBcgN2MUTC1gPVc4n7C.jpg","release_date":"1946-04-05","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":6.188,"vote_count":8},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/lckMDX9w31pRexuzTZyY5gfYEbh.jpg","genre_ids":[35,18,10749],"id":120743,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"A young Londoner (Ann Harding) disguises herself to become governess of the son of the barrister (Leslie Howard) she loves.","popularity":1.266,"poster_path":"/liReUJg621itxh3lQqzksDVvT7L.jpg","release_date":"1931-09-25","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":7.0,"vote_count":3},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[27],"id":483965,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"After the suicide of her best friend, a young woman is drawn to a city with a dark past that holds the key to a sinister mystery.","popularity":1.726,"poster_path":"/7pFS8RJWrdmRBGOIjOjdqwX8eXD.jpg","release_date":"2017-10-04","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[99],"id":537020,"original_language":"hy","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"Yeranouhy and Mariam Aslamazians. Two sisters. Two elderly women with young glittering eyes. Two outstanding artists presenting a big number of their works to a gallery in their native town. 'Father to be proud of his daughters', - one of them said.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":null,"release_date":"1988-05-05","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[99],"id":567842,"original_language":"fr","original_title":"Dévotion","overview":"An auspicious day to fill as Paris wakes up under a thick layer of snow; Dévotion is wandering to the Palais de Chaillot through a paralyzed Paris.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/1zXpC4yQt2070C67L9aNLNav3Z8.jpg","release_date":"1984-04-05","title":"Dévotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[],"id":301546,"original_language":"fi","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"Who judges and who is judged? Love has many layers.","popularity":0.729,"poster_path":null,"release_date":"2014-07-17","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[18],"id":714804,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"Filled with despair by the loss of her mother in a car accident, eleven-year-old bi-racial Alice finds it hard to accept that her father Grant wants to start a new life. She resents their cozy new bungalow in small town Ontario and longs for her mum. In Alice's recurring nightmares of the car accident, her dad's drinking is to blame for the crash.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/qIBbMgbkEfDuXF3K8OfebtZqCbl.jpg","release_date":"2005-02-11","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[],"id":606143,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"An openly gay star on the standup comedy circuit gets a shot at her own TV sitcom, but the offer has serious strings attached. A ghost from her past threatens not only her professional future, but her relationship with her live-in-lover of four years.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/ySRrYVNDnxZTQHQxYCVGwX8BAwM.jpg","release_date":"1995-06-06","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.8,"vote_count":2},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[27,18],"id":289702,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"How far would you go for the one you love?","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":null,"release_date":"2013-12-07","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[99],"id":451314,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"A sparing and minimal travelogue of Istanbul. A foreigner meditates on the unraveling of a relationship while moving from hotel room to hotel room. In a city simultaneously devoted to Islam and secular nationalism, she finds refuge in the frailty and severity of the rituals of devotion.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/vvUPHQ44LrYG5EwS43sG7z074Qa.jpg","release_date":"2003-04-09","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[],"id":818012,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"A pastor bumps into an old trainer and begins boxing after his wife retires from MMA fighting.","popularity":0.848,"poster_path":"/ub2mhJ5V2P50QLKHUHci8eL8wFR.jpg","release_date":"","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/rPygOt9o7K8ZDBzuY1P1YeBSe1t.jpg","genre_ids":[16,18,14],"id":1037015,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Devotion","overview":"The journey of an art work until it is subject to the critics. In a foggy environment, individuals of stone emerge from earth, carrying giant books on their backs. They starts walking, going through many obstacles, in order to finally arrive in front of the Judgement.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/zRa1O0g4lOFcjjiTnT2goRehMuV.jpg","release_date":"2018-06-29","title":"Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[],"id":950071,"original_language":"hi","original_title":"Untitled Sujoy Ghosh Netflix film","overview":"Based on the 2005 Japanese novel The Devotion of Suspect X by Keigo Higashino, the project revolves around a single mother, played by Kareena Kapoor, who lives with her daughter alongside their neighbour in Kalimpong. When her abusive ex-husband returns to Kalimpong to extort money from his former wife, he gets killed by accident in the scuffle. It is here that the neighbour, who is revealed to be in love with her, offers his help in disposing off the body. After lengthy investigations and rock-solid alibis, the police are still not convinced about her innocence. What ensues is a twisted tale about depression, secret romances and murders.","popularity":0.84,"poster_path":null,"release_date":"","title":"The Devotion of Suspect X","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/rhrSjhxt9PcrCwBSsrlut6FAQXN.jpg","genre_ids":[35,18,10749],"id":311131,"original_language":"ja","original_title":"愛の言霊〜世界の果てまで〜","overview":"Hirofumi and Shinji are colleagues at the same advertising agency. Hirofumi works in IT, and Shinji is on the company's elite fast track. The two start off completely on the wrong feet, but as time passes they find themselves falling for each other.","popularity":0.85,"poster_path":"/2wuHVKFxctcDZOA05ST22nRCGFZ.jpg","release_date":"2010-08-07","title":"Words of Devotion: To the End of the World","video":false,"vote_average":4.5,"vote_count":6},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/zX3w7jLLontUWQMezQx9BrSdAKu.jpg","genre_ids":[9648,53],"id":446076,"original_language":"zh","original_title":"嫌疑人X的献身","overview":"Based on Keigo Higashino’s award-winning novel, THE DEVOTION OF SUSPECT X follows a professor (Wang Kai) assisting in a murder investigation, only to find that a longtime rival and friend (Zhang Luyi) from his early university days may be involved.","popularity":2.284,"poster_path":"/n1XjBmHhGRltTDjPFaWD99kYI5U.jpg","release_date":"2017-03-31","title":"The Devotion of Suspect X","video":false,"vote_average":5.273,"vote_count":11},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/sdwXH41YgkUec0m4YaWRtwl42Pt.jpg","genre_ids":[18],"id":176617,"original_language":"cn","original_title":"可憐天下父母心","overview":"Poor teacher Chan Chi-hong, his wife Lee Yuk-mei and their five children survive on his meagre pay. When he is laid off by two schools in a row, the family runs into difficulties. The children resort to begging on the streets to pay the mother's medical bills. Turning to writing, Chan's novel fails to find a publisher and, worse still, he comes down with tuberculosis. Dealt a further blow by the death of the youngest daughter and the pressures from the loan sharks, Chan contemplates killing himself and his family but changes his mind when he witnesses the sacrifices made by other parents for their children. He vows to be a dutiful father and tries his best to overcome their adversities. His novel is finally published and sells well. Through thick and thin, the family at last sees the light at the end of the tunnel.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"/s5t0bp4L00pGVK8NaPkITfpZLuZ.jpg","release_date":"1960-04-08","title":"The Great Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/swGHosB2l5oZY5mgL5CBHkQYTie.jpg","genre_ids":[18,10749],"id":249330,"original_language":"ja","original_title":"愛の言霊","overview":"Ootani and Tachibana have been inseparable since high school. Now that they're in college, they live together, they're happy and everything seems prefect. But their little world is disrupted when they meet an old high school friend, Yuki, who seems to have a crush on Tachibana, making Ootani feel jealous and insecure. Will Tachibana really choose him over a pretty girl?","popularity":2.441,"poster_path":"/4PvAfFGlE6KngYM4jNgqVsiSXOx.jpg","release_date":"2007-10-27","title":"Words of Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":5.1,"vote_count":11},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[],"id":1047976,"original_language":"en","original_title":"Amore senza stima","overview":"The film tells the story of Maria, a young typist who falls in love with a distinguished gentleman by whom she becomes pregnant, without knowing that he is married. The gentleman, assailed by debts resulting from his dissipated life, depends upon his rich wife, and has no intention of marrying the poor girl. After having refused the money offered by him in compensation for her dishonour, Maria wanders desperately, with her baby in her arms, until she decides to accept the propositions of a stranger, with the single aim of buying a gun to carry out her own revenge.","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":null,"release_date":"1914-02-01","title":"A Wife's Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":0.0,"vote_count":0},{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"genre_ids":[10749,18],"id":314116,"original_language":"ja","original_title":"執炎","overview":"The tragic tale of Kiyono, a young woman from the mountain who fell in love with Takuji, a fisherman's son, and her devotion to him during a time of war.","popularity":1.027,"poster_path":"/9h1BSATpPUGmgnmOzGiEQ7yI5uY.jpg","release_date":"1964-11-22","title":"The Flame of Devotion","video":false,"vote_average":6.8,"vote_count":5}],"total_pages":5,"total_results":84}

CountryBumkin

The requests to TMDB timeout after 20 seconds. Sounds like some network issues on your end, considering it works for everyone else still.

I assume you can actually access https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/653851-devotion ?

I can access this website by clicking on the link you provided, but can't get anything through MC30. So weird. I didn't change anything on my computer/network (maybe a Windows 10 update did something).

I tried searching for data on other movies and it is still slow and only returns Metacritic results. Maybe I have only been getting Metacritic data for a while and never noticed anything wrong because it came back with useful data (whereas the movie Devotion has no info at Metacritic yet).

I will try installing MC30 on a different computer at home and see if that works.

Not sure if this matters, but I tried to go to "https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=[removed]%C2%A0%20&query=Devotion&language=en" - but that fails with an "Invalid API" message.

CountryBumkin

Re: "Get Movie & TV Info" feature FIXED ITSELF
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2023, 07:26:21 am »

Just to update - the problem with the Get Movie & TV function has resolved itself. I did not change anything (didn't know what to do). But it is working now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up