Windows > Television

Windows Media Center > JRiver Media Center

(1/21) > >>

JimH:
We've had some nice help from former Windows Media Center users.  Here's a summary.

WMC records in WTV format, which recent versions of MC failed to play.

MC 30.0.87 and above fix that problem so WTV files play.  Discussion here

We hope to offer WTV recording in a future version.  [Edit: WTV recording is working in MC31]

You may or may not need to disable WMC.  It's a setting under MC.  Tools > Options > Theater View > Disable Windows Media Center.  It's mostly to keep WMC from grabbing the Green Button on the remote.

If anyone else has similar tips, please post them here.

JimH:
Comskip can be used to skip commercials.  Here's an older thread:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=108326.0

Right and left arrow can skip forward and back.  Time intervals are 30 seconds forward, and 10 seconds back, but can be changed in MC's Options under Audio settings.

greynolds:

--- Quote from: JimH on March 27, 2023, 04:07:49 pm ---We've had some nice help from former Windows Media Center users.  Here's a summary.

We hope to offer WTV recording in a future version.

--- End quote ---
What advantages would that have compared to the existing JTV and TS format options?  The only one that comes to mind is that those recordings could potentially be watched in Windows Media Center, but I don’t really see a benefit there.  Even though I still use Windows Media Center for some things, I’d honestly rather see you guys put your efforts into something else unless there’s a real benefit.

JimH:
Little benefit except it's what WMC users are used to.

greynolds:

--- Quote from: JimH on March 28, 2023, 08:20:00 pm ---Little benefit except it's what WMC users are used to.

--- End quote ---
I found and read through the other thread.  As someone who still hasn’t completely transitioned away from WMC, my feeling is the support that was added for importing and playing WTV files has been sufficient.  After that other poster spends a bit of time familiarizing himself with JRiver, I suspect the “need” for recording to WTV files may go away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version