INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OTA EPG gaps  (Read 778 times)

sheppy99

• Junior Woodchuck
OTA EPG gaps
« on: March 30, 2023, 01:34:05 pm »

I get occasional gaps of a few hours in my TV Guide which then disappear at the next EPG update and are sometimes replaced with gaps on other channels at other times. I'm assuming the OTA EPG update needs to wait on each channel a little longer during the collection. My previous system used to spend a minute on each frequency before moving on the next one - there's only 4 or 5 of them IIRC - and I hadn't noticed this problem. Is there a way of configuring how long each frequency is monitored for EPG information?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: OTA EPG gaps
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 02:48:28 pm »

There is no user configured time.  I can try increasing the wait time in the next build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sheppy99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 12:12:07 am »

Shouldn’t need much longer as it’s almost there. The previous one minute per collection was likely excessive

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 09:26:49 am »

Suppose you make a scan now, then check for gaps.  Do you see the gaps in today's and tomorrow's programs?  Are the first 72 hours complete?  Are they complete for the first 7 days?

I coded this in such a way, that 3 days and 7 days are two thresholds.  If we waited x number of seconds, and we got at least 7 days of continuous data, we quit on the channel.  Otherwise we wait for longer.  If we waited y number of seconds (y > x) and we get at least 3 days of continuous data, we quit.  If neither threshold is met, we wait longer.  So I may need to adjust x, or y, or both.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sheppy99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 05:27:43 pm »

Its usually the next 24 - 48 hours when it shows up, usually resulting in programs queuing up to record on a one hour time shifted channel in SD rather than in HD on the normal non time shifted channel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up