INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id MC 24 not opening; ON SITE WITH CLIENT'S SERVER  (Read 915 times)

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
Id MC 24 not opening; ON SITE WITH CLIENT'S SERVER
« on: March 30, 2023, 03:25:43 pm »

Client called because JRemote can't connect with Id. I connected monitor and mouse and brought up GUI onscreen. I get a background photo and MC rectangle with Media Center Id at top and "Please use the Id menu for licensing!" When I press Continue button next to this, the rectangle disappears, but the program doesn't open. Is this sentence about licensing telling me to select #18 to re-enter the Id License Key?

I also noticed that the Id menu is showing the original Access Key and not the current one. I was planning to enter current license key when MC software opens. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know ASAP. Thank you in advance.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Id MC 24 not opening; ON SITE WITH CLIENT'S SERVER
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 04:09:35 pm »

Client called because JRemote can't connect with Id. I connected monitor and mouse and brought up GUI onscreen. I get a background photo and MC rectangle with Media Center Id at top and "Please use the Id menu for licensing!" When I press Continue button next to this, the rectangle disappears, but the program doesn't open. Is this sentence about licensing telling me to select #18 to re-enter the Id License Key?

I also noticed that the Id menu is showing the original Access Key and not the current one. I was planning to enter current license key when MC software opens. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know ASAP. Thank you in advance.
Yes, it is telling you to reenter the license key with function 18.
Once you do that you can restore the library if necessary if it was making backups or they had copied one off of the Id.

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 04:23:11 pm »

Thanks Bob.

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 05:10:43 pm »

Thanks again Bob. MC rebooted quickly with library intact. I rebooted Bel Canto BLACK EX Integrated to get it to show up as a player. I added Generic DNLA, set Mode to Original and Format to PCM 24-bit . These were the previous settings that worked fine. But with EX Int selected as player on JRemote, when I try to play music, it says it will play the track/album, but JRemote quickly switches to "Nothing is currently playing."

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 05:14:44 pm »

I also cannot play from Id MC using monitor and mouse.

I noticed that monitor won't respond to any clicks from mouse. I can no longer open Tools > Options.

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 05:23:38 pm »

I rebooted Id MC and went back to DLNA Servers. I notice that "Format: PCM 24-bit" is grayed out. Is this a problem? If so, I can't click on it to change format.

Also, since Id MC crashed just now, is it possible that it is crashing repeatedly and that is what caused the original loss of contact between JRemote and the Id?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 05:38:42 pm »

Did you power cycle the Bel Canto?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 05:52:40 pm »

I rebooted Id MC and went back to DLNA Servers. I notice that "Format: PCM 24-bit" is grayed out. Is this a problem? If so, I can't click on it to change format.

Also, since Id MC crashed just now, is it possible that it is crashing repeatedly and that is what caused the original loss of contact between JRemote and the Id?
A crash of MC shouldn't cause it to lose settings, a crash of the Id might.
The PCM24 bit should be grayed since you are sending original format.

It does make sense to power cycle the Bel Canto, DLNA renderers can sometimes get wedged.
Are the tracks actually available? What happens if you right-click on one and do Locate?
When you can't get at the options, perhaps it's behind the main UI, try moving that.
Or try control-o

Do you know if any custom DLNA controller options were set in MC (right-click on the Bel Canto zone and look at DLNA controller options and associated DLNA server settings)

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 06:43:35 pm »

Jim, I did full 2-minute reboot of both Bel Canto and Synology 218.

Bob, rt. click on track > Locate >On Disk (external).

They are now playing on Id MC (timeline is moving) with Bel Canto chosen as player, but still no sound coming out of Bel Canto, which I did test on CD player input and did get sound.

I couldn't get options because MC had crashed/frozen. I couldn't even get the screen to close by clicking on X at top right. Also, the arrow had changed to a pointing finger. Control-O also works now that MC is running again.

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 06:51:20 pm »

I am able to play the NAS library with the SEEK app that comes with the Bel Canto, so there is no problem with the NAS.

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2023, 07:03:11 pm »

Using the Id software no longer works to play music. It's doing the same thing as JRemote. The timeline moves a few seconds and then goes back to zero.

Just tried playing JRemote to player and timeline is finally moving across whole song, but iPad speakers have no sound.

If we can't figure this out soon, client is willing to buy new Id, if that's what you recommend.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2023, 07:12:40 pm »

Do you have another machine you can use to test MC to see if it works or not with the DAC?  It would help find whether the problem is on our end or on Bel Canto's.

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2023, 07:19:17 pm »

Not here. I could take it home and test it there. But since Bel Canto plays the NAS through Seek app, I don't think it's the Bel Canto.

Look, it's after 7 for you guys and after 5 here in CA. My client just said I should order a new ID, especially as we just confirmed that some very loud pulses we were hearing were coming out of the main speakers, which are several rooms away. I also don't think my client wants to pay for more of my time to test the Id at home. It could take less time to install a new one.

Can the Id be ordered along with an upgrade to the current Id MC 24 software already installed?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2023, 07:30:59 pm »

It's really hard to say what's wrong.  You've got the Id, the DAC, and a NAS.  We could test the Id if you want to send it to us.  We don't see them fail much at all.  It's more likely that settings were lost.

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2023, 07:39:53 pm »

Thanks both of you for all your help. I'll bring it home and either test it or send it to you. Client asked how long is turnaround if you test it? But please also let me know about cost of new Id with latest software installed.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 08:45:48 pm »

Thanks both of you for all your help. I'll bring it home and either test it or send it to you. Client asked how long is turnaround if you test it? But please also let me know about cost of new Id with latest software installed.
I'm going to PM you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up