INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BDMV Cover Art  (Read 639 times)

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
BDMV Cover Art
« on: April 05, 2023, 09:53:52 pm »

I've read through WIKI and a few other posts, but can't figure out how to get cover art to automatically populate for blu-ray rips.  I can manually configure the cover art and also with particles the lookup works and populates automatically. 

It's just at the disc level I can't figure out how to get this to work.

For example, in the startrek.png image, I manually copied cover art for the disc labled STOS S1D2 into the same directory containing the sidecar for this particular disc.  Cover art shows as expected.  The other images i.e. "The man Trap" are particles correctly populated by JRiver info lookup, complete with episode image.

But artwork selected in the internet lookup doesn't seem to work.  For example, the disc labled STOS S1D3 (and others) show only the autogenerated thumbnail. Selecting "get cover art from internet", as in SelectCoverArt.png shows cover art but after I select it the auto-generated image is never replaced with internet retrieved image. 

The only way I can get the cover art to display is by copying the file into the directory with the sidecar file.

So, how to automatically add cover art for BDMV rips?  Seems like there is something basic I am not understanding.
Thanks

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: BDMV Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 02:02:52 am »

I use the "Get Movie and TV Info" option.  Sometimes I need to change what's in the search box but for me it works 100%
JRiver CEO Elect

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 08:35:31 am »

Thanks @jmone.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my original post.  The information displayed for the particles was retrieved via the "Get Movie and TV Info", and that works as expected so long as the Series Season and Episode are correctly populated.

The image required for the cover of the "STOS S1D2" cannot be retrieved (at least I can't figure it out) via the "Get Movie and TV Info" option because there is nothing "correct" that can be populated for the cover for the boxset.  If there is some combination of tag settings for "Get Movie...", that returns these boxset covers, I can't figure it out. 

So, only way I seem to be able to get the image needed for the box set is via the "Get Cover Art" option. 

Then, after retrieving this cover image it seems to be available to the library, and I see it in JRiver's Cover Art directory, but nothing I do will get it so that the cover art automatically displays in the UI.

If the image is copied to the BDMV directory, the the option "Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory" adds the cover. It doesn't seem to matter how the image is named, as long as it's an image it will be used for the cover.

But, is it supposed to automatically populate after the retrieval?  Kind of seems like it should.

Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 04:08:56 pm »

Ahh, got you.  As an example (using a full disc rip of GOT), I've got both cover art via MC for each EPS (all particles) the overall Series and additionally the "gotuhd S1 D1" main disc.

Individual Particles: Use "Get Movie and TV Info"
Series/Season: Use "Cover Art --> Get from Internet"

Mine are all stored for:
Particles: as 'index.jpg' next to the files, and to do this I've set Tools--> Options--> File Location--> Coverart--> to "Audio mode: In the same folder as the file"
Season / Series: are stored separately in "C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 30\Cover Art"

Now, if you want cover art for stuff that is not found using "Get from Internet) like "gotuhd S1 D1" then:
- find the art you want
- copy it to your cover art folder (in my case the "In the same folder as the file" as index.jpg)
- in MC right click on the item --> Cover Art --> Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory

or... you could also use any of the other "Coverart" options like "paste from clipboard" if you have found an image you like on the net and just copied it (instead of downloading)
JRiver CEO Elect

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 09:07:30 am »

Thanks for that.  I think that is basically process I was going to use. 

Unfortunately, I now have new issue.  I'm derailed with corruption in my MC library after creating multiple sets of particles. 
I'm not going to use this thread to explore that issue but,  basically after I restore a backup to new machine and make some database changes (delete some stuff), and then start creating particles, I eventually end up with data that is somewhat jumbled up i.e. tags populated with wrong data. 

I have backups, so no issue there, but I'll start new topic when I better understand what is happening. 

Thanks
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 07:11:08 pm »

I guess the only other thing is for "Coverart --> Get from Internet" to have an editable search field like we do for "Get Movie and TV Info"
JRiver CEO Elect

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 09:37:58 pm »

For me, that would certainly be a welcome addition.
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 10:31:48 am »

Another issue I have when selecting cover art.

I retrieved cover art for one set of videos I have, in this case for the Star Trek Original Series.
Now, after having retrieved this cover art, the function seems to be single minded.  No matter what series tag I enter cover art will only return data for "Star Trek Original Series".  For example, I'm trying to retrieve cover art for Star Trek Next Generation yet "Get from Internet" is still retrieving images for the original series.
Even when I enter a non-existant series as tag's data, it still retrieves images for Start Trek Original Series.

For audio tracks, the cover art is selected correctly.

Also, "Get Cover Art Internet" is modeless dialog but you can select the function multiple times and end up with multiple dialogs. Is that intended?  I didn't realize this was happening at first because each previous dialog ended up behind the main JR window and I didn't see hidden dialog, so I reselected the "Get from internet function".
I didn't realize I was creating multiple dialogs.

Also, for videos, the cover image only ends up in the roaming coverart section, but then you need to manually fix things up by copying the image to the BDMV folder. If it was automatically copied image to BDMV directory that would be very helpful.

Thanks

Thanks
Windows 11 Pro
4K Sony x900h
Pages: [1]   Go Up