INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to cut and transcode video in MC?  (Read 452 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Possible to cut and transcode video in MC?
« on: April 06, 2023, 06:58:18 am »

I have a mkv video i want to cut and also transcode. I have never tried this in MC, is it possible? The media editor seems to be sound only, there is a "makeMKV"-function, but it seems to more tuned towards transcoding an entire disc, I just want to take out a 30 sec clip from a video file.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Possible to cut and transcode video in MC?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 10:12:13 am »

I have a mkv video i want to cut and also transcode. I have never tried this in MC, is it possible? The media editor seems to be sound only, there is a "makeMKV"-function, but it seems to more tuned towards transcoding an entire disc, I just want to take out a 30 sec clip from a video file.
MC doesn't do that.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 11:22:50 am »

create a particle with the specified playback range and then convert that item instead

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles

flac.rules

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 04:33:38 pm »

create a particle with the specified playback range and then convert that item instead

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles

That worked, thanks a lot, I think I am going to make a user and edit the wiki abit to point out the menu item they use to make the particle isn't there in the playing now

eve

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 12:18:59 pm »

If you're doing this very frequently, consider LosslessCut. I actually use it religiously for 'pre editing' mixed sources like news, random clips from movies etc. It's really quick for chopping stuff up. You can just transcode / encode after.
Pages: [1]   Go Up