INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compare playlists: how?  (Read 391 times)

MarkCoutinho

• Citizen of the Universe
Compare playlists: how?
« on: April 07, 2023, 03:15:25 am »

I want to make a comparison between two playlists so I can see if there is an overlap between the two.
I have searched and think I know that this can be done using ListEqual as an expression. So in my case it would be    listequal(Top 500 Jaren 70, Spotify nog niet)
But I have no idea how to "program" such an expression. Where should I start to set up such an expression?

Thanks in advance!
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Compare playlists: how?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 09:38:59 am »

You could try using MC's split view and show one playlist on each side.  Not automated at all, but might help illuminate the common titles.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 03:53:40 am »

You could try using MC's split view and show one playlist on each side.  Not automated at all, but might help illuminate the common titles.
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried doing that, but I see no illumination of duplicate songs, even though they are in both lists. Should I do something extra apart from using Split View?
Mark Coutinho

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 04:35:19 am »

You can create a smartlist that shows tracks present in one list but not on the other, just add these 2 rules:
Playlists - is any - Top 500 Jaren 70
Playlists - is not any - Spotify nog niet

Or vice versa.

You can type the equivalent expression in the search/filter box as well. Select the "Top 500 Jaren 70" playlist, then type this to hide the tracks present in the other playlist:
-playlists="Spotify nog niet"

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 04:57:47 am »

You can create a smartlist that shows tracks present in one list but not on the other, just add these 2 rules:
Playlists - is any - Top 500 Jaren 70
Playlists - is not any - Spotify nog niet

Or vice versa.

You can type the equivalent expression in the search/filter box as well. Select the "Top 500 Jaren 70" playlist, then type this to hide the tracks present in the other playlist:
-playlists="Spotify nog niet"

Thanks! In the end it's actually quite easy, although I probably didn't explain myself correctly, because 'Playlists - is not any - Spotify nog niet' has to be Playlists - is any - Spotify nog niet
Mark Coutinho

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 05:19:54 am »

That shows files that are in both lists (which I see now is what you wanted). You can have both variants, depending on your needs.
You're welcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up