More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

JRVR Video Renderer

<< < (45/45)

rpro:
Another data point: if I resize the window in Display View mode (make it smaller) the VSYNC measured jumps around from 50 hz to 120 hz and back again, constantly.

Also, if I pause the video, it will still do it (although I guess this doesn't matter since the timing is probably relaxed when paused). Something to investigate? My hardware specs are probably listed in this thread or similar threads.

NVIDIA 4090 card, any driver version, AMD 7950X3D CPU (also occurs on an Intel i7-9700K with the same 4090 videocard, last year). Windows 11 latest updates.

rpro:
Using RivaTuner OSD to record the stutter, I took a screenshot of the various spikes in the frametimes (these can be seen as stutter, especially if it happens when a person turns their head).

Scene from Shogun 2024, HEVC 2160p Dolby Vision (output as HDR10 in JRVR).
This is on my 2560x1440p display, JRiver output at 120 hz. I put it into a window, which makes the spikes much more frequent. If I go fullscreen it reduces the occurrence of the spikes by 75%.

I told jriver to use the Null Output audio device, to rule out audio driver issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version