More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

JRVR Video Renderer

<< < (44/45) > >>

Karl78:
- Enabling Vulkan rendering on Mac through MoltenVK for improved performance and reliability

Very good news (I use both Mac and Win). Meanwhile I update the license to MC32...

TheShoe:
Why does VSYNC MEASURED jump all around?

My display via nVidia video driver is set to "120Hz" refresh rate.

G-SYNC is completely disabled.

Doesn't seem to affect anything, but when switching to MadVR it's stable at 120Hz.  Used to be in JRVR as well but last few releases I've seen this.  Just curious.

DocCharky:
So, something has been troubling me for a while: the framerate matching option feels a bit... unreliable.

First, there is this bug:

- launch a 23p video file
- The renderer switches the screen to 23 Hz
- pause the video
- Alt+tab to Windows Explorer
- launch another 23p video file (let's say, next episode of your fave TV show)
- The renderer switches to your default display framerate (e.g. 60 or 120 Hz depending on your settings) and does not stay to 23 Hz.

It's not a big deal: i've learnt to completely exit JRiver before starting another video but... annoying.

Then there is the more "general" impression of unreliability. Often, when I launch a file, after a couple of usual blinks and black screens, the display framerate is matched with the movie's, BUT there are these weird, random stutters with dropped frames. Maybe pause and resume playback will fix it. Maybe alt+tab a couple of times will fix it, maybe click your window to bring it into focus will fix it (because, wierdly enough, it is not). Maybe bring OSD with ctrl+j and then hide it will fix it. Sometimes these steps work at random, and the stutter/dropped frames stop, but sometimes they don't, and you need to close your player and start again. Again, not a big deal, but not a good impression either  :(

crestedporcupinethree:
Is there any support Dolby Vision straight off of UHD discs yet?
Is there any support for Dolby Vision FEL where it can somewhat repair the image when the HDR10 is poorly encoded and the extra layer's image info can somewhat make up for it?
Thanks.

rpro:

--- Quote from: TheShoe on January 19, 2024, 04:58:29 pm ---Why does VSYNC MEASURED jump all around?

My display via nVidia video driver is set to "120Hz" refresh rate.

G-SYNC is completely disabled.

Doesn't seem to affect anything, but when switching to MadVR it's stable at 120Hz.  Used to be in JRVR as well but last few releases I've seen this.  Just curious.

--- End quote ---

I thought I had fixed this but in the last couple of weeks I'm getting "VSYNC Measured" values jumping around with corresponding video stutter. :( My workaround was to have a script that would minimize all desktop windows then open jriver, go into Standard View mode while the video is starting and playing, then switch to Display View mode and go into Fullscreen. That workaround no longer works. This is occurring even with version 31.0.87, and with latest 32. I have Prefer Maximum Performance enabled in NVIDIA settings for "Media Center 32.exe".

I am at my wits end. I didn't change my video driver (551.46) since February. There were a few Windows 11 updates since then. I wonder if they messed something up?

No problems using MadVR as the video renderer, and everything works fine in MPC-HC using MadVR or MPC Video Renderer (the latter has basic Dolby Vision -> HDR10 support, but no 3DLUT support).

I tested using 1080p and 2160p videos, that have SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision. All do the same thing. Even with all JRVR scaling and processing set to the minimum. HDR tone mapping enabled and disabled. Output at 3840x2160p, VSYNC enabled, GSYNC off.

One interesting thing is that if I play back on my 1440p monitor, the framedrops are less apparent, but still there (using MSI RivaTuner server to show the frame timing).

I think there is a serious problem somewhere - maybe thread is not waking up in time? Shader being recompiled at the wrong time? Shader not being woken up in time? I have no idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version