INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoying Microsoft Team pop-up  (Read 998 times)

lello

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Annoying Microsoft Team pop-up
« on: April 18, 2023, 04:42:39 am »

When I upgraded to Win11, I uninstalled Microsoft Teams as it was using quite a lot of resources and on the HTPC it's clearly useless.

Unfortunately, this annoying pop-up with which I am invited to install the program continues to appear in random mode, despite the fact that it also uses blocking extensions.

Luckily it doesn't appear while watching a movie, but it's still annoying: any ideas to eliminate this little nuisance?

Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Annoying Microsoft Team pop-up
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 05:31:41 am »

Did you try Google?  Or a right click on it?

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 05:43:03 am »

The right click doesn't work because as soon as I click on it it disappears.

With Google and its extensions already tried

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 11:11:29 am »

I meant that you could Google it.  Try "microsoft teams keeps popping up".

eve

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 11:16:18 am »

When I upgraded to Win11, I uninstalled Microsoft Teams as it was using quite a lot of resources and on the HTPC it's clearly useless.

Unfortunately, this annoying pop-up with which I am invited to install the program continues to appear in random mode, despite the fact that it also uses blocking extensions.

Luckily it doesn't appear while watching a movie, but it's still annoying: any ideas to eliminate this little nuisance?

Thank you

There's some automated Windows debloaters out there that will edit the right registry settings to mirror a properly locked down enterprise system without Microsoft ads and other cloud delivered crap. If you're on an Enterprise license, you can do most of this yourself in group policy editor, pretty sure that's not included with Home but I may be wrong. There's WAY too many settings in there for me to explain. You can probably find a guide somewhere but be warned, microsoft adds new 'things' all the time and an older guide may miss settings (For example, this newest microsoft teams popup may not be governed by the same 'rules' that existed before it that would typically disable it). Look for a script, and pick it apart to see what it turns off, or spend a while going through the Group Policy and disabling logical things.

By this point I have a laundry list of changes I make to new Windows 10 installs to get rid of these annoyances. I do not need Candy Crush remotely installed into my system weeks after setting it up lmao. There's an art to trimming down Windows tbh

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 11:39:01 am »

There's some automated Windows debloaters out there that will edit the right registry settings to mirror a properly locked down enterprise system without Microsoft ads and other cloud delivered crap.
Please don't do that.  You're asking for trouble.  We do not recommend it.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2023, 06:16:48 pm »

I did not uninstall teams (or other stuff).  I simply got to "Startup Apps" and turn off all the stuff I don't want loaded (including Teams).
JRiver CEO Elect

eve

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 09:53:08 am »

I did not uninstall teams (or other stuff).  I simply got to "Startup Apps" and turn off all the stuff I don't want loaded (including Teams).

This isn't something he's installed most likely, Startup Apps, won't fix it. It's a group policy config. There's a number of Group Policy edits that need to be done on Windows to get rid of annoyances like this (and you cut down on telemetry too).

Pages: [1]   Go Up