INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View scroll not correct  (Read 682 times)

cochinada

• World Citizen
Theater View scroll not correct
« on: April 19, 2023, 07:05:04 am »

Hello,

I've set Options/Appearance/Size = 150% and 'Scrollbar size' = Medium.

With this size, my screen shows 5 rows of 12 icons, which is the perfect amount due to the distance and the size of the screen I have.

The problem is, whenever I press page down on my remote or click with the mouse, not on the arrow but on the space below the mark on the scroll bar, the jump I get is much bigger than what should be the equivalent to one page, which would be 5 x 12. As result, it skips lots of icons and I have to scroll up clicking this time on the arrow.

How can I control the amount of rows I want to scroll for "page down/up"?

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Theater View scroll not correct.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 03:07:40 am »

I tested this out - but mine scrolls fine, I can't replicate the behaviour you are seeing. Wonder if it's a video driver thing - I am running KDE Plasma desktop with open source/navi drivers. Otherwise no idea what would cause that?

ps. screen capture on KDE plasma is hitting the Printscreen key!
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View scroll not correct
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 03:51:57 am »

On a remote, try channel up and down.

cochinada

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 04:01:28 am »

I have GNU/Linux Debian 11 (bullseye) 64-bit, Windowing System Wayland and GNOME 3.38.5
Media Center 30.0.67 (64-bit)

I didn't catch that suggestion to do on a remote but I'll remind that I have the issue also not using any remote, by simply clicking with the mouse as explained, so I don't think this has anything to do with my remote (FLIRC).

Have you simulated this with 150% size?

I've also tested right now and even when I press the arrow up/down, my screen scrolls not one simple row as I would expect but up to 3!

cochinada

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2023, 07:57:39 am »

My theory is that MC "thinks" that I've pressed twice or even three times consecutively either on the arrow or the space and so it scrolls not one unit but two or three.
That would explain that sometimes when I press just the arrow, it scrolls two or three lines and when I press on the space it scrolls about two screens at once.
Why is this happening and when is it fixed?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 11:53:23 am »

My theory is that MC "thinks" that I've pressed twice or even three times consecutively either on the arrow or the space and so it scrolls not one unit but two or three.
If so, it's not MC that would be doing that.

cochinada

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2023, 01:36:25 pm »

For real???
I don't know what are the connections between the administrators of this Forum and JRiver but I'm getting tired already.
It's not up to me to even try to present theories or explanations for the bugs I report. If I do that is because I don't get answers in time.
Do I need to remind that I've paid for this product more than once as I've updated several times?
Since this is the only channel for support I expect answers and solutions!
For the record, I have replaced my mouse with another one that has always worked flawlessly, so it's also not the mouse. In fact, if I use the mouse wheel slowly, it scrolls one line at a time but is enough to press the arrow or space and again the scroll goes berserk. If that is not MC perhaps it's my grandmother...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 02:23:54 pm »

You're seeing something that nobody else is reporting.  I don't think it's MC. 

Could be the desktop you're using.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2023, 11:58:58 pm »

Hi Cochinada - there is a setting in Windows that impact speed and amount of control... so I can only assume there must be something in Debian/Wayland/gnome. In Plasma it has "Adaptive Acceleration profile" which I have turned off. Unfortunately I don't use those platforms you mention directly.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

cochinada

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2023, 05:13:09 am »

Hi Cochinada - there is a setting in Windows that impact speed and amount of control... so I can only assume there must be something in Debian/Wayland/gnome. In Plasma it has "Adaptive Acceration profile" which I have turned off. Unfortunately I don't use those platforms you mention directly.

Thank you very much for the tip David!
I'm searching but so far the best I found was this thread:
https://fostips.com/mouse-wheel-touchpad-scroll-speed-ubuntu/

Unfortunately it says "Though, there’s no good alternative for Gnome Wayland so far." and I have both.  :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up