INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network - Audio - Dutch & Dutch 8c speakers  (Read 843 times)

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
Network - Audio - Dutch & Dutch 8c speakers
« on: April 23, 2023, 07:01:07 am »

Great day all !

Wondering if anyway found a way to have MC to stream/output audio over your local network towards a pair of Dutch & Dutch 8c monitors ?
I've got a pair of those high-end monitors on test (apparently they've got Roon and Spotify compatible/support).
Streaming towards such speakers would bypass the pre-amp/external DAC for me and192kHz support is good enough to me.

Since I've managed to have only one source left, which is MC :-)
Audio, Sat>iP TV, (streaming) Movies all done from one GUI helps a lot to get appreciation from the family :-)   
It leaves me with just volume control to deal with.
And as these monitors also offers a direct DSP volume control.

Dear MC team in case you want me to test or capture something onto the network, or you need access, I'm happy to help to get something done :-)

Thanks and appreciation,

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Network - Audio - Dutch & Dutch 8c speakers
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 07:20:20 am »

Here's a link to the specifications: https://dutchdutch.com/8c/#specs

I also took a quick look at the manual.  I didn't see any mention of UPnP / DLNA, but it does have a network port.

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 08:29:12 am »

As far as I know there is no DLNA support, only roon RAAT. But if you also want connect your TV etc. you could use a MC based HTPC in your room with an rme HDSPe AIO Pro (I have this card) or rme RayData PCIe card (only digital, no analog output, no headphone output) to connect the Dutch & Dutch 8c through AES (no latency issues).

In my environment it would like this - Ethernet only for admin. (I also was thinking about the Dutch & Dutch but have not decided yet):
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 08:33:15 am »

Great day, thanks for looking at some possibilities,

Here are some snippets from the 8c presentation:

Multi-room streaming.
Besides balanced analogue or AES3 input, you are able to stream digital music directly to your 8c’s. Set up left and right positions using your mobile device and the rest is done automatically.

Within your LAN, 8c’s can be grouped into multiple zones. Perfectly synchronized music can then be played effortlessly in those zones.

In addition to its stellar performance and professional pedigree, the 8c is Roon Ready... it's as if this speaker was made for Roon.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2023, 08:41:04 am »

Thanks dear Manfred,

We we're posting both at the same time :-)
Yes AES is a possibility, but adding one more device in the chain.
Would be great if the Network port could be used directly from the source and so streaming audio aswell :-)

Anyway these monitors are astonishing. Room adaption and their cardio low/mid end is truly working !
Haven't tried to play around with Spotify support, but in total this speaker is offering so much possibilities.

Thanks for the insights,
Pages: [1]   Go Up