INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Album Views  (Read 488 times)

mkelly

• Recent member
Audio Album Views
« on: April 30, 2023, 12:30:51 am »

I have my Audio view setup by: Genre/Album/Artist

At the top level (Genre), for a particular Genre , lets POP, the album covers show up stacked (indicating multiple albums in that Genre.

When drilling done into that Genre (POP) only individual covers show up side by side. So if you have a 4 album set (a CD collection of 4 Frank Sinatra recordings) you see four albums side-by-side with the same cover art.

Question: Is it possible to show albums ‘stacked’ on this lower level?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio Album Views
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 12:37:07 am »

Use the tag Disc #.

mkelly

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 02:53:01 pm »

Unfortunately that doesn’t work. I think because each Album name within the set has a different name. In my case, I am ‘recording’ in Audacity some old Readers Digest LP Collections that have an overall Album Title “Music For Dining” with 20 “lp’s within the set , each with a “sub-album” title like “Latin Nights” and “with Champagne” etc

So this shows up in JRiver as 20 albums and ideally I would like them stacked like playing cards to save space….any other suggestions?

mkelly

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 02:47:53 pm »

Unfortunately that doesn’t work. I think because each Album name within the set has a different name. In my case, I am ‘recording’ in Audacity some old Readers Digest LP Collections that have an overall Album Title “Music For Dining” with 20 “lp’s within the set , each with a “sub-album” title like “Latin Nights” and “with Champagne” etc

So this shows up in JRiver as 20 albums and ideally I would like them stacked like playing cards to save space….any other suggestions?

AldoAlvarez

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 03:21:13 pm »

Hi, mkelly:

I understand Yate allows you to give subtitles to multiple-disc box sets at the same time that the discs are numbered by their overall compilation title.

Cheers,
Aldo

mkelly

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 05:15:18 pm »

Thanks for the help that Yate may be useful, but I was hoping that since JRiver does stack albums (see Snip) I could figure out how to make the View right without changing the tagging (or using the JRiver tagging) (see second Snip) in order to save screen space and for readability....

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2023, 11:10:25 pm »

If you set up a new Field/Tag, i.e one named  Disc Title with its Edit Type to String, you can then have the Album/Boxset Name, i.e. "Music For Dining" in the Album Field/Tag of every disc in the boxset/collection and the part you are calling "sub-album title" in each discs Disc Title tag/field, i.e . "Latin Nights".

That way MC will consider all the Discs in the Boxset/Collection as one Album, and will only show one Cover Art Image, but by adding your new field to the relevant views you will be able to see what "sub-album title" is used by the individual discs within each Boxset/Collection
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

mkelly

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 05:47:18 pm »

i tried that, but albums still show up side by side , versus stacked/fanned.....the "secret" seems to be at the GENRE level almost all the important library fields are equal to "VARIES" [except, of course, GENRE].....this level shows all albums of that GENRE fanned (as it should).  Drilling down another level to "ALBUM" level (even if all 10 albums in the group have the same name) they show up side-by-side because the Artist, Album Artist, Name, Composer, Comment fields inter alia fields are different (or at least i think that is the reason)...so trying to figure out how to make ALBUM view level be stacked/fanned so long as the Album title is the same.....but can't figure out which field causes the view to be side-by-side unlike the GENRE view.... I guess I could delete all the artists/album artist so they would be the same value (i.e. nil) but that seems a shame after typing in hundreds of these fields during the conversion process from LP to .wav
Pages: [1]   Go Up