INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hang During Install  (Read 303 times)

Cinelder

• World Citizen
Hang During Install
« on: May 01, 2023, 10:13:05 am »

When I try to upgrade/install MC 31.0.5 (64 bit) on Windows 10, Install Wizard repeatedly hangs at the screen "Copying Files - Please wait while Install Wizard copies and registers files" / "Upgrading from previous version". 

Restarting  / closing all other program files before attempting the install of MC 31.0.5 doesn't seem to help - after a few minutes, Task Manager eventually reports the program as "not responding".

I have MC 30.0.93 installed, and it is working normally.  I have installed the registration key that is supposed to be valid for either MC 30 or MC 31.

Please advise.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Hang During Install
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 10:27:17 am »

When I try to upgrade/install MC 31.0.5 (64 bit) on Windows 10, Install Wizard repeatedly hangs at the screen "Copying Files - Please wait while Install Wizard copies and registers files" / "Upgrading from previous version". 

Restarting  / closing all other program files before attempting the install of MC 31.0.5 doesn't seem to help - after a few minutes, Task Manager eventually reports the program as "not responding".

I have MC 30.0.93 installed, and it is working normally.  I have installed the registration key that is supposed to be valid for either MC 30 or MC 31.

Please advise.

Upgrading from the previous version can take a long time if you have a big library.  Let it go and get coffee.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 10:35:12 am »

Upgrading from the previous version can take a long time if you have a big library.  Let it go and get coffee.

Thanks for the quick response, Matt.

I do indeed have a big library and will try the wait-and-coffee option :)

Postscript: Patience and caffeine did the trick.  Thanks again, Matt.

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 02:55:22 pm »

1 million files here and installation was done before I could pull a double shot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up