INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lashing library  (Read 357 times)

Dr.Ames

• Recent member
Lashing library
« on: May 06, 2023, 05:19:32 pm »

Hello,

since I don't want to use JRiver for tagging and I want to keep multiple backups of my music library on other disks always syncron - can you actually basically "disable" file operations in JRiver, i.e. prevent accidental drag and drop completely. The music library should be completely static - like in Foobar.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lashing library
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 08:47:28 pm »

MC has one of the best tagging interfaces I've ever seen.  At first, MC's tagging might seem unimpressive.  But if you give it a chance, you will see that the apparently simple interface is very elegant.  It's easy to use and powerful.  You can use expressions in tagging which lets you do all kinds of interesting things.  You can tag one song, several songs, one album, or several albums all at once.  (For example to set Genre on several albums at the same time, or set the Artist, etc).  I encourage you to give the MC tagging interface a try.  It's all I use now.

I think you are trying to ask how to prevent MC from writing to your media files.  If so the setting for that is:

Tools > Options > General > Tagging > Importing & Tagging > update tags when file info changes (uncheck)

I don't know what you mean about drag and drop.

Brian.

Dr.Ames

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 01:05:22 pm »

Hello,

Your tip helped me directly today. I had bought a DSD515 album from Bill Evans at nativeDSD and that could not be edited in MP3Tag at all - because of "Bad ID Tag". JRiver re-tagged it cleanly without any problems and now I can add it to my library normally and also MP3tag reads the files now.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 07:52:14 am »

I'm very happy to hear that.  :)

Take care,
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up