INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Tweaking / Questions  (Read 177 times)

1971camaroguy

Theater View Tweaking / Questions
« on: May 14, 2023, 12:12:43 pm »

Hi Everyone,

Long time emby user here, switched to a zidoo

I am building a madvr htpc and my intention is to use the computer as a pass-through like thier corporate version (envy) using a zidoo and nvidia shield as the host to play the content. I am also exploring the option of using one of the compadible MC's that you can use with madvr and use it soley as the all in one solution.

My problem is I do not like cluttered UI's with a lot of extra stuff, I just want to be able to boot into a UI that is ready to play any movie I want from my library with no extras. No TV, no music, no pictures. No extra steps, -  Just movies.

I looked at Kodi and absolutley hate it. I went ahead and installed jriver and am liking some of the customization capability it has in theater view. I am playing with the settings to strip it down to just movie content.

I really want to try and make this push out a "poster wall" similiar to my zidoo and what zapitti and kaleidescape uses. Is that possible? I looked at grid view but it looks weird, so I think I am not doing something correctly in the settings. Either way when I load it I want it to go directly to a movie view of some sort, no extra steps, layers or buttons to push through to get there.

Would anyone mind sharing some pics on some of the possibilities of theater view and how it can be tweaked? There isn't much information on this on youtube and honestly most of the videos I have found there are over 10 years old??

Thanks for anyones help, this seems like the best solution if I wanted to use a complete htpc to play content, if I can tweak it to my liking.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View Tweaking / Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 02:10:29 pm »

It's a long complicated thread, but these are the Theater View interface gurus on this forum:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119385.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up