INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - Zone / Device specific profiles for Play Doctor?  (Read 186 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!

Floated this in an unrelated thread but I think it deserves it's own mention / request.

Maybe it is already possible even?  I could not find it though.

I would like to see different "Play Doctor" profiles for different zones / Devices.  For instance I have added a rule for my Yamaha RX-A2 Receiver / DLNA DAC to include only tracks with 2 channels as it will not play any Multi-Channel files.  There are also other rules configured for this particular device. But I really like the Yamaha because it does pure DSD without conversion and it also does Gapless for the files it does play.

But I would like to include Multi-Channel tracks for my Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-Ray / DAC as it will play those. Truth be told I would always use it except for the fact that it does not seem to do Gapless (Even though the specs say it does) and also it converts all DSD to PCM 176.4.

Also it seems that "CloudPlay" tracks won't play at all to DLNA Devices.  So it would be nice to have that relegated only to the local zone / device?

So it would be nice to have a "Play Doctor" profile for each Zone / Device so as not to need to redo the setting each time we switch?

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up