INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Doctor - Many items in my library do not show up. (Solved)  (Read 405 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!

When trying to use Play Doctor many times I search for a particular Song or Album and they do not show up as available to start a playlist from.

E.G. I just tried to type in "Calling Occupants".  I have that song in my library on at least 7 different albums but it is not a viable option to start a Play Doctor based play list.

Same goes for:
"Feels Like The First Time" (Foreigner) on 3 albums
"Highway To Hell" (AC/DC) on 2 albums (Though it does show up as an "Album" option
"Make It" (Aerosmith) on 1 album

I could go on and on as I have encountered this probably hundreds of times since the inception of Play Doctor.

I can also reproduce similar results with "Artists" and "Albums"

Is there something I should / could be looking at on my system that is restricting the use of Play Doctor?

Thanks.

Carl.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Play Doctor - Many items in my library do not show up.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 02:30:41 pm »

I've never seen that and I don't understand how it could happen.

Check settings for Cloudplay and Play Doctor.

Once you search, select the track and then right click on it to start Play Doctor.

jctcom

Re: Play Doctor - Many items in my library do not show up.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 03:07:50 am »

Wow.  This has been going on for a very long time. 

I decided to use the "Reset Settings to Default" option and now it seems to pick up all items as I type (So Far). go Figure!  Should have done that a long time ago.

On a side note (Or maybe I should start a new feature request thread?)

I would like to see different "Play Doctor" profiles for different zones.  For instance I have added a rule for my Yamaha RX-A2 Receiver / DLNA DAC to include only tracks with 2 channels as it will not play any Multi-Channel files.  There are also other rules configured for this particular device. But I really like the Yamaha because it does pure DSD without conversion and it also does Gapless for the files it does play.

But I would like to include Multi-Channel tracks for my Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-Ray / DAC as it will play those. Truth be told I would always use it except for the fact that it does not seem to do Gapless (Even though the specs say it does) and also it converts all DSD to PCM 176.4.

So it would be nice to have a "Play Doctor" profile for each Zone / Device?

Carl

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Play Doctor - Many items in my library do not show up. (Solved)
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 03:58:37 am »

What did you reset?  Where?

jctcom

Re: Play Doctor - Many items in my library do not show up. (Solved)
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 12:33:56 pm »

What did you reset?  Where?

when not playing anything beside the Play Doctor window there is the "Options" link.  When I hovered over that there was a "Reset To Default Settings" option.

Once I did that then all my songs, Artists, Albums started showing up as I typed.

Can't believe I didn't do that a year ago lol.

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up