INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanently Deleting Files  (Read 340 times)

kraigers

Permanently Deleting Files
« on: May 15, 2023, 05:18:38 pm »

Hi all - I'm a long time user of MC and have recently run into a "new" issue with my setup that I've been running for years.  I don't know whether it is associated with the 30 or 31 release, but that seems to be when this started happening.

I have all of my media files stored on a NAS, and I have one Media Center/Server instance running on a PC that points to the files on the NAS.  Around the house, I have different Media Center instances that I connect to the Media Server as a Remote Library. 

Until recently, when I've wanted to delete something from the NAS permanently, I can choose the "Delete -> Remove from Media Library and permanently delete from disk" option, and it worked as expected.  I.e., the files were removed from the NAS.  Without changing anything else in my setup (other than upgrading from 29 to 30 and then to 31), now when I choose the Permanently Delete option from one of the non-Server instances, the file remains on the NAS, and my auto-import will sweep it back into the Library whenever it runs.  Not ideal.  That said, if I Permanently Delete directly from the Server instance, it still works as expected, with the files being removed from the NAS. 

Can anyone help me troubleshoot the issue and help me understand what I'm missing?  It doesn't seem to be a NAS permissions issue since the Server instance of JRiver is able to permanently delete the files as expected, and I don't think I've changed any relevant setting for a number of years, so this is all pretty confusing to me. 

Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Permanently Deleting Files
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 08:57:46 pm »

There was a bug, started in late builds of MC30.  It has now been fixed.  Please get the latest MC31 or 30 build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

kraigers

Re: Permanently Deleting Files
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 11:49:07 am »

Thank you!  31.0.10 seems to be working as expected. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up