INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: installJRMC - MC installer for Linux  (Read 11193 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: installJRMC - MC installer for Linux
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2024, 10:37:40 am »

MC31 didn't have the symlink for the stub in the application directory (/usr/lib/jriver/Media Center 31/mc31) to /usr/bin/mc31
I assume that's why you are seeing the error above.

MC32 and MC33 added that but didn't have the symlink for the main program executable (/usr/bin/mediacenter32) to the application directory (/usr/lib/jriver/Media Center 32/mediacenter32) until the latest version 33.0.30. You can add those manually but installJRMC would have to take those missing files into account it sounds.

The stub mcxx is used for running MCC commands without using the web interface.
The executable mediacenterxx needs a symlink to the application directory to be able to restart automatically.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2024, 01:43:53 pm »

Yes, installJRMC used to handle the stub separately, but has changed recently to repackage the default stub. I will add a workaround for MC31 when I get a chance, unfortunately I've been affected by Milton so it may be a few weeks until my workstations are back online. In the meantime here is a pastebin link to the last release before that change: https://pastebin.com/P99DLcQ8

roald.andresen

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2024, 04:21:17 pm »

Yes, installJRMC used to handle the stub separately, but has changed recently to repackage the default stub. I will add a workaround for MC31 when I get a chance, unfortunately I've been affected by Milton so it may be a few weeks until my workstations are back online. In the meantime here is a pastebin link to the last release before that change: https://pastebin.com/P99DLcQ8

Thanks.  The version in the pastebin linked worked fine, ish.  Rpm complains about a missing freetype module.  However, installing the produced .rpm file through Yast2, works if allowing the installer to "break" the application and ignore this dependence.  This works fine if freetype2 is installed or available (which it is in the current Thumbleweed version at least).  When trying to install the .rpm from the command prompt, I got some other errors (that I neglected to keep), but these did not show when using Yast2.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up