INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album names change after libarary restore  (Read 296 times)

rick5

• Recent member
Album names change after libarary restore
« on: May 16, 2023, 07:29:21 pm »

When editing tags, going inattentively too fast, I somehow changed a large number of album titles to “1” (character one).

So I restored a saved library, and happily album titles were back to their originals – until they started changing back to “1” over the next few minutes (721 files affected).

I’m about to begin manually editing tags. I tested this -- when I edit an album tag back to its rightful name, it does not change back to “1”. But it’s a significant labor, although most album names are available in the Windows folder structure.

I have both of these checked:   Update tags when file info changes   and    Store in file tags (when possible)"   

So maybe the wrong album titles (the character “1”) were put in the music file when I changed the tags by mistake; and the correct album titles remain in the old MC library (the one I restored). I was about to experiment with “Update Tags (from Library)” – but the correct album titles don't last long after I restore. And experimenting seems like a bad idea with my limited understanding, for which I apologize.

Is there an easy way to get the correct album titles into both the files and current MC library, for good?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Album names change after libarary restore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 11:58:48 pm »

Turn those options off.  Restore again.  Then select a few files, right click, then

Library Tools

On the wiki, read (near the bottom) File Tagging Tools.  Try a few.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album names change after libarary restore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 07:16:42 am »

In the tagging window at the bottom is a section called Tag Dump. That will show you the tags that are in the file. You can compare those to see if they are correct or if they somehow got changed.  There are also library options Update Tags (from library) and Update Library (from tags) that might be useful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up