INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Naviagation Pane Disappeared  (Read 377 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Help - Naviagation Pane Disappeared
« on: May 17, 2023, 06:56:50 am »

Help! I have been useing MC for about 7 years, and I have just now hit some hot key where all the left pane navigation and tag items have disappeared. I think I hit some hot key combination. Now I cannot figure out how to turn them back on. Pane with Audio, Viod, TV etc. and the tags.

What did I do - how to turn them back on? I have tried every menu combination I can find, searched on the web also. Something simple I hope?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help - Naviagation Pane Disappeared
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 08:10:17 am »

Click on small triangles at left.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 02:30:02 am »

Thank you - took me a little while to see which little triangle you were referring to  :)

Is there actually a hot key or menu option for this as I don't think I clicked on anything to make it disappear - anyone?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 07:30:34 am »

I looked in the MC keyboard shortcuts list and I don't see anything related to hiding the navigation pane.  It might be hiding in there somewhere, but I was unable to find it.

I also went through many of MC's menus looking for the function and could not locate it there.  My guess is that you accidentally landed your mouse *right* on the triangle as you were pushing a mouse button.  But that's a guess. 

Glad you got your nav tree back.

Brian.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 11:38:05 am »

Try this...

MCC command 22029 toggles the tree.

Sooo...
In the MC installation folder, there's a "Data" folder. Create a folder inside that called "Custom Resources".
Inside that folder, you want to place a file called Resource.xml

Mine is a simple three thing affair, and is in the attached zip file. It contains the code below...
Code: [Select]
<MJRS version="1.0">

<ACCELERATORS>

<!-- Global shortcut that begins a Play Doctor session -->
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Alt;R" Command="10047" Global="1" />

<!-- Go to folder containing selected file -->
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Alt;D" Command="26004" Param="-2" />

<!-- Toggles the tree pane open and closed -->
<Entry Key="Ctrl;T" Command="22029" Param="-1" TranslateFlags="23" />

</ACCELERATORS>

</MJRS>

So, close MC, create the folder, extract the xml file into it, and restart MC. Now...

Ctrl+Alt+R will kick off a 'Play Doctor' playlist. This is a 'global' hotkey combo, so will work, as long as MC is running, regardless of which application is currently in focus.
Ctrl+Alt+D will open your default file explorer at the location of the currently selected file, and select that file.
Ctrl+T will toggle the tree open and closed.

If you don't want the other two, simply open the the xml file in a text editor and remove their entries.
Enjoy for the weekend :)

-marko

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 07:27:40 am »

Thanks All, and thanks Marko

I gave that a shot the Resources.xml and initially did not work as my installation uses Ctrl+T for zone toggle which I have - but I changed it Alt+Ctrl+T and it worked fine. I have not got into expressions as yet - so a nice spin off learning about these.

Cheers
David
Dave
------

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 09:26:43 am »

FYI… You can also add an icon to accomplish this: right-click in the top toolbar, choose Customize Toolbar from the menu and select Toggle Tree from the list of available icons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up