INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Realtek drivers - volume issues  (Read 331 times)

AlexS

• World Citizen
Realtek drivers - volume issues
« on: May 17, 2023, 11:06:23 am »

This isn't really a MediaCenter problem, it's an Realtek driver issue.

I'm using 6.0.9313.1 DCH driver on my Gigabyte Designare Z390 motherboard.
If I assign Media Centre to Realtek Digital Output (WASAPI) I can fully control the volume.
If I assign Media Centre to Realtek (ASIO) I can't control the volume, it's either full volume or no volume.

Has anybody managed to work around this with the ASIO driver? (yes of course I have WASAPI for now). Maybe there is a setting somewhere?

I have to say getting decent Realtek drivers is pretty confusing, I either go to the Gigabyte site or get it via Windows update. The driver right now is dated 15 Feb 2022.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Realtek drivers - volume issues
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 11:14:49 am »

Did you try changing MC's volume control?  Click on the speaker icon in the upper left corner.

AlexS

• World Citizen
Re: Realtek drivers - volume issues
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 06:06:16 am »

Did you try changing MC's volume control?  Click on the speaker icon in the upper left corner.

Thankyou!!

Application and system volume, no difference - but it does work with "internal volume!".

Feature request - would be nice to see a percentage indicator when sliding the volume up and down, I know it's just what your ears hear, but I'm a nerd who uses my eyes (don't ask, can't explain!).

Edit - sorry yes it's there on mouse hover, guess I'm asking for a realtime indicator.

Edit 2 - yes there is a realtime indicator, I just have to hover first.... I'll get my coat!
Pages: [1]   Go Up