INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag & Drop Problem [Solved]  (Read 315 times)

varian93

• Recent member
Drag & Drop Problem [Solved]
« on: May 28, 2023, 05:13:14 am »

It seems that latest update from JRiver 31.something (I don't remember) to JRiver 31.0.10 has broken the ability of Windows 10's to drag & drop files from Windows Explorer to JRiver's "Player".

This is a major choke point in my workflow of evaluating files for inclusion to the library.

I suppose there's the chance that it was a Windows 10 update, but I don't remember any happening at the same time...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Drag & Drop Bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 07:28:14 am »

Enable "Shell Integration" and reboot.

varian93

• Recent member
Re: Drag & Drop Bug?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 05:18:46 am »

Thanks JimH, I tried that and the issue persisted.

Although a bit later I realized that every time I opened JRiver it would pop up a Windows User Access Control (UAC) dialog asking me if I wanted to allow JRiver to make changes to my computer, a behavior reserved for unique situations, I realized that it never used to do this which reminded me that I had made some changes to test running JRiver as an administrator.... running any application as an administrator causes this dialog to appear.

It turns out that was what was causing the issue. Running JRiver as an administrator caused the drag & drop from Windows to JRiver functionality to cease working.

After changing the shortcut so that it was being ran as a normal user all functionality returned to normal.

Sorry, no JRiver bug... just a forgetful user.
Pages: [1]   Go Up