INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suddenly can't stream from remote library server  (Read 615 times)

sgclark

• Recent member
Suddenly can't stream from remote library server
« on: May 19, 2023, 10:57:09 am »

I am currently way distant (Italy) from my library server in California.  For many days on this trip I have successfully been streaming audio from the server to my Android phone running JRemote2, with no issues whatever.  A couple days ago I successfully streamed HD video from the library server to another client, an installation of MC29 on my Samsung tablet, again with no issues whatever.  The next day I attempted to stream SD and HD video to the same client, but instead of beginning to stream, I am met with a window that tells me (approximately) "Downloading 'internet resource'", with no streaming of the video.  Meanwhile, my phone can still stream both audio and video from the same library server with no issues.  The tablet client shows the same behavior with audio as with video, but with only a delay (presumably due to far smaller file size) rather than the download notification window.

So, everything worked as expected one day, but not the next.  Can anyone point me to what I'm not seeing?  I installed MC31 on the tablet client, but it changed nothing.  Obviously, I have no access to the remote library server.

Thanks in advance!

Stan

sgclark

• Recent member
Re: Suddenly can't stream from remote library server
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 01:39:31 am »

Anybody?

Maybe I can restate the question in a form more useful to the developers:

What are the conditions (other than responding to the "Download from Library Server..." command available in the context menu) that cause MC to download a file rather than to initiate streaming it?

I have changed locations and therefore Internet access points, updated MC from v29 to v31, and tried to stream with anti-virus and the firewall turned off, but none of these changes have returned MC to its former flawless streaming behavior.  I have seen one other Interact forum topic describing roughly the same problem, which was also unresolved.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this sudden anomalous behavior?

Thanks!

Stan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Suddenly can't stream from remote library server
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 04:00:22 am »

Could be blocked by a firewall on the receiving side.
Pages: [1]   Go Up