INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some of my artists and some cover art did not convert when upgrading from 30 to  (Read 469 times)

raysimon

• Recent member

Today I installed 31 and there was a substantial amount of time to import (convert?) the library. After it completed I noticed artists missing, like "Fripp, Robert - Frippertonics." Is anyone else having similar problems?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You can try restoring a library backup.  [wiki]

If you imported, the tags may not be right.

raysimon

• Recent member

I clicked on express, like the last few years. Everything was pretty much automatic. I can point to a library for 30 and all is good, but why is this so different than past upgrades to the new version (I've done about seven upgrades over time)? Why the force to import?  I should say that in that the last year (maybe two) that I moved my content to an external drive, but never moved my library (database in JRiver lingo). I want to make sure that I am not screwing up something (almost 2 TB of content).

JimH

• Administrator

I think that MC didn't find a backup.  Normally, MC wouldn't force you to import.  It automatically finds backups and uses them.

Search for *.zip files in Explorer. 

dtc

• MC Beta Team

I think that MC didn't find a backup.  Normally, MC wouldn't force you to import.  It automatically finds backups and uses them.

Search for *.zip files in Explorer.

So, a major update does not use the information in the library but information in the last backup? Does that mean that changes made since the last backup are not included? If the update uses a backup then maybe the upgrade process should make a backup so there is a current one available. I always assumed the data came from the previous version library.  Any clarification. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator

No.  It converts your current MC30 library, for example.

dtc

• MC Beta Team

That's what I thought. Thanks for verifying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up