INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing folder files in sequence  (Read 326 times)

bebe

• Recent member
Playing folder files in sequence
« on: May 20, 2023, 10:17:17 am »

Something basic I've never tried to fix. I've imported my music folder (flac files) into media player but when I see audio files displayed I see albums split up into pictures of more than one album released by the artist. Not how any particular album was released. How to group albums in original order with files set to play in original order?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Playing folder files in sequence
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 10:47:49 am »

Make sure your artist and album tags are identical for each track.  If they aren't, you can select them all and change them in a single edit.

bebe

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 10:52:05 am »

TY.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 07:50:49 pm »

If I understand correctly your situatiuon. This can happen when the Artist is not the same in all tracks such as Artist featuring another artist. This is what the Album Artist field is for to tie them all together. If Album artist and album name is consistent it will tie them together as one album even if artist have slight variations.

Note you can update tags of tracks collectively you don't have to update them one by one. Sorry if you already know this and have misunderstood your situation.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

bebe

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 01:40:01 pm »

Hello: TY. I have known of tags for some time now and have avoided them. Like DOS commands and Greek alphabet I remember just enough to do what I want and then .. get out.  🤣🤣

Is it that obvious?   
Pages: [1]   Go Up