INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Happenings  (Read 363 times)

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Weird Happenings
« on: May 21, 2023, 02:50:28 pm »

I upgraded to MC 31 and also transferred my library from a HDD to a Synology NAS.   

I tested one song and it worked great.   Then I clicked the top right "X" to close MC and amazingly, the song I was playing was still going.

I looked around to see what was playing the music and there was nothing.   How in the world could that happen?  This went on for quite some time.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi with Ropieee and DLNA to my DAC

I restarted MC and played a different song and sure enough the previous song stopped and the new one started. 

This time, I hit STOP before exiting and all music stopped.

Did I have a visit to the Twilight Zone? 

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Weird Happenings
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 01:50:49 pm »

I upgraded to MC 31 and also transferred my library from a HDD to a Synology NAS.   

I tested one song and it worked great.   Then I clicked the top right "X" to close MC and amazingly, the song I was playing was still going.

I looked around to see what was playing the music and there was nothing.   How in the world could that happen?  This went on for quite some time.

I restarted MC and played a different song and sure enough the previous song stopped and the new one started. 

This time, I hit STOP before exiting and all music stopped.

Did I have a visit to the Twilight Zone?
Running Media Server?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Weird Happenings
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 07:34:33 am »

[...]

Your setup if very complicated.  Using DLNA increases the complexity quite a lot.  What you are describing could happen if the NAS is acting as a DLNA server.  I recommend two things:

1.  Make sure your NAS is being used by your Mac as a shared drive.  MC should see your files as local files with a network path.  It should not see a DLNA server.
2.  Directly attach your DAC to the Mac via USB.  This will make things much more straight forward.

Feel free to do your own thing.   My advice is based on you having an unusual problem and trying to make things easier to understand and use. 

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up