INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nvidia RTX 3050 GB, Jrvr quality preset. some tweaks what should be average ms?  (Read 931 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

I just want to ask this question because last night I got avg. rendering around 9 or 10 ms and peaks around 20 /22 ms( on both mc 30 and mc 31 using jrvr mode. And the performance was better...even less visable artifacts..it feelt like there was more control in the performance of movie rendering(again sticking to alien covenant 4K remux file).  just the feeling of more effortless behaviour..less tendency on schimmering shaking of the objects which is in motion. yes truemotion take control of that..but now more easily. Normally I lay around 4.5 ms and peak around same..maybe little higher like 4.8 or 5 ms. Today is back on 4.5 ms though. ( I should have tried to do 5:5 pulldown with madvr which I did not succeed in earlier but forgot to try that as I was tired and it was late)

I just want to ask if this is what I suspect is low impact on such a gpu?

Tv: Lg oled b1 65"
cpu: i5 12600kf
ram: 16 gb
gpu: msi rtx 3050 8 gb (ventus model)
JRiver Jrvr mode quality preset is chosen( which is for faster dedicated gpus. And I do not think a rtx 3050 is that ...it is more like low or midrange gpu rigth? so balanced should be the choice)
jriver videoclock ticked on like always.
tweaks and scaling are: upscaling: jinc. chroma upscaling: Bilateral chroma upscaling, downscaling: jinc, also  ticked scale in sigmondial ligth and also enabled FSRCNNX 8 and in advanced setting I ticked on convert HLG HDR TO HDR10 for pass-through, use HDR DYNAMIC PEAK DETECTION and allow HW accelerate video decoding when possible.

So is not 4.5 ms avg and peak ms around 4.8 / 5 a bit low for my card? If so that could be an indicator that something somewhere is not as it should be and I dont mean JRiver something is interfearing with my system that does this.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

Nope - JRVR is much more efficient that the older code base of madVR we have access to.  Gives us all more headroom from iGPU all the way up to the most powerful GPUs.
JRiver CEO Elect

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

OK Thank You jmone. Also to make it clear, when I said something was not  as it should be, I didn't mean in JRiver.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

one more thing I never figured out is that most of the time subtitle in jrvr is not gray dimmed down as it should be... only sometimes it is.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

The performance really depends on what material you are playing and the head room your GPU can do.  If you try playing 60i material then I'd guess the 3050 will struggle with these settings as there is only 16.6ms per frame and the De-interlacing is expensive (note:  from my testing, when using the default HW Deinterlacing you don't see the deinterlacing hit as it is done in the GPU and JRVR does not measure it.  If you change to YADIF then you see how much time it takes)
JRiver CEO Elect

eve

one more thing I never figured out is that most of the time subtitle in jrvr is not gray dimmed down as it should be... only sometimes it is.
Image subs vs text subs.

Image subs are all over the place and indeed can require tone mapping (that's on you to do beforehand, I don't think it's an option in JRiver) to display without blinding you.

Text subs tend to be my preference if correct ones exist (very difficult since I frankly do care about specific translations and will often pull together subs from a bunch of sources for a single film) as I can control how they render. I spent a while messing around with fonts and the color / saturation. Contrary to what you would think, off white / grey is preferable to pure white / grey IMO.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

I was inaccurate. I mean that I play the same movie files and the color of the subtitle varies between white and gray. and there is only one sub choice/language. so this should not happen I think. It has been like this for a long time. I can not remember it being consistent. often it is like this..first time I play the movie..subs are gray as the should be..than if I exit the movie and start it again it is then white and I think it stays that way most of the time one start the movie..mostly first time is gray ..than white..
Pages: [1]   Go Up