INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove single-file FLAC+cue following conversion to multi-file FLAC?  (Read 251 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

When converting single-file FLAC+cue to multi-file FLAC using the "Replace original file on disk and in library" mode, the original FLAC+cue are removed from the library but not the disk. This results in the original FLAC+cue being immediately re-imported following the conversion, creating duplicate and confusing library entries. If this isn't a bug (semantically nothing is being "replaced"), would it be possible to add an audio conversion mode to "Remove original file on disk and in library" (or simply add the expected behavior to the existing "Replace..." mode). Thanks!

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!

I believe you probably have the "Original" file inside your "Auto-Import" folders.

I process all of my files outside of my "Auto-Import" folders and only move them (The ones I want) to the Auto-import folders once I have finished tagging them etc.  (I normally do this by way of the "Rename / Move" scripting option.)

I also do not allow anything to be "Imported" just because it has been played.

Hope that helps.

Carl.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team

Thanks, I also use a similar "staging" area for new music, unfortunately due to my setup it's much easier for my staging to be auto-imported as I spend most of my time on Library clients.
Pages: [1]   Go Up