INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver cannot find DLNA streamer - change in message when setting up network pla  (Read 242 times)

shimrod

• Recent member

I had JRiver 30 successfully playing through my IFI Zen streamer. Following a power outage I could not get my system to play. JRiver no longer displays the IFI as an option in the playing now section.

I verified the IFI is available on the network and tried turning network media on and off in JRiver. When I turned it back on in MC30 and began to reconfigure I received a message I've not seen before: "Library server could not be registered with JRiver. You need a connection to the internet and it cannot block outgoing http connections from Media Center".

I have no desire to connect to MC from outside my local network. In any case, I have a functioning internet connection. What does this message mean and how do I configure DLNA sharing within my local network?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try powering everything off and back on.  Computers, devices, network equipment, etc.

MC is probably attempting to get an Access Key from our server.  There's  no harm in allowing it.

The wiki has setup information.

shimrod

• Recent member

That fixed it. I had power cycled everything except the router, as the router dashboard was indicating proper connectivity for all associated devices. Power cycled the router and now I'm enjoying my music via JRiver. Thanks!

I would like to suggest, for future versions, enhancing the diagnostics and error messages would be extremely helpful. Current upgrade efforts seem focused on improving configurability for the extremely technical folks. Improving usability for people who just want to enjoy media would, in my opinion, broaden the customer base. How many folks have downloaded a trial version, run into a similar network issue, and written off MC forever?

Pages: [1]   Go Up