More > JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows

NEW: Bitstreaming Audio-only Files, Including Dolby Atmos

<< < (2/5) > >>

Awesome Donkey:
Yeah, Media Center has supported native DSD via bitstreaming for years now on both Windows and Linux. As mentioned by dtc it requires a DAC that supports native DSD on Windows and it requires a ASIO driver from the manufacturer. On Linux it requires support in the Linux kernel for your DAC.

macOS only supports DoP (except there is a few DACs with either a custom ASIO driver for macOS or it has a special app feature to 'convert' DoP to native DSD) though.

mlknez:
I should have been more clear... I meant native bitstreamed over HDMI.  I can do it just fine over USB/ASIO.  Currently, the only DSD bitstream choice over HDMI is DoP.

dtc:
Native DSD cannot be sent over HDMI on a PC because their is no support for that format in the current implementations of HDMI on PCs.  It is part of the HDMI spec, but the graphics companies have just not implemented it.  It is a long-time problem and it is doubtful it will change. It is just not a priority for the companies making the cards.

Awesome Donkey:
Yeah, DSD via HDMI from any sort of computer is likely not ever happening unfortunately. I don't see Nvidia, AMD, Intel, Apple, etc. adding support for it in their GPU drivers, like ever.

And it isn't a Media Center limitation and there's no way support for it can be added via any media player. It'd literally have to be supported by the GPU manufacturers in their drivers and honestly at this point hell likely has a better chance at freezing over. Or Nvidia supporting 3D again, heh. Anyways, DSD over HDMI only works with SACD disc players connected via HDMI to receivers, for example.

JrPinto:
GREAT NEWS, Hendrik!

I'm doing some tests using MKA audios files with ATMOS and MC plays them nicely.

But there's one thing that could be improved: gapless audio albums, like Dark Side of the Moon, by Pink Floyd.

I ripped individuals MKA files from the BD, but JRiver plays them with a little gap between each track.

I tried ripping it to a single MKA file. The file plays gapless and I can skip the tracks of the album (YEAH!!!), But MC library shows only a single file, not each track separately.

So, I made a .CUE file from the single MKA, imported it and the tracks were shown seperately in the library (DOUBLE YEAHS!!). Unfortunatelly, MC goes "crazy" when the tracks are skipped, jumping to about 5 seconds after the beggining of the track.

Is there anything that could be done to solve this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version