INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Issue  (Read 269 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Smartlist Issue
« on: June 07, 2023, 02:08:17 pm »

I have a smartlist (called "Random Classical Works") that gives me 8 random classical compositions ([AMG Work Name] in my library) by various artists, a list I try to listen to every week or so. I just noticed today that it's giving me all instances of a given composition in my library when in previous versions of MC it would just give me the 8 non-duplicated tracks, e.g., if something common like Tchaikovsky's 6th symphony pops up, I now get all performances of it from my library (something like 40 different recordings). Did something change in 31? I'm using 31.0.17.

Here's my code:
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Genre]=[Classical] [ClassGrouping]=[Chamber],[Concerto],[Electronic],[Orchestral],[Solo Instrument],[Vocal]
~nodup=[Composer /- Album /- AMG Work Name]
~sort=Random ~expand="Composer - Album - AMG Work Name"
~limit=8,-1,[AMG Work Name],[Composer]

A few years ago, Wer helped me out with this on this thread, for reference:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128095.msg888746.html#msg888746

Any ideas?

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: Smartlist Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 04:36:12 pm »

Not sure if this helps.  But I always include a "Last Listened to Not in the last 60 Days" in my smart playlists.  This prevents any regular repeats and keeps my playlists always rotating quite well.

Also is it possible you have the album or group tracks linked?  I have some tracks linked that in my opinion should always be played together so that if any one of the group is played it will play the whole group.

Carl.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Smartlist Issue
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 07:19:19 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions, jctcom.

I don't have any tracks linked anywhere in my library, so it's not that.

As I said in my original post, the code I have used to work perfectly with MC version 30 and prior, but not having used the smartlist in a while, at least since I upgraded to version 31 when it was first released, I didn't notice that the smartlist results had changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up