INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video skipping issue solved.  (Read 271 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Video skipping issue solved.
« on: June 15, 2023, 10:31:16 am »

All, I wanted to share my solve of an issue that has bothered me for the last year. Most video looks ok, but once you get into 4k and HDR I developed a skip. Every 6-8 seconds, the video would skip. Hard to explain, but like it jumped a frame. I thought it was some problem with timing and drivers and framerate etc etc. I played with settings so many times. Thinking I solved it an then later it would start up again, sometimes in the middle of a movie. Fine at the start, skipping later on.
I was also having a problem getting a proper handshake to the display and HDR sometimes would not come on.
I had the latest drivers all right. And the card was a powerful gaming card. All should have been fine. But testing for the HDR issue brought a new video card in for trial, and viola, problem solved. Since installing the new card the MC has not skipped a beat. Not once as far as we can tell, and we are particular (as I assume most of us here are :).
The old fast gaming card was actually 9 years old, and several things were iffy, like HDCP. New card fixes it all.
Just wanted to share!
Pages: [1]   Go Up