INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 30 - Suddenly Won't Record CDs  (Read 260 times)

PicksCDs

JRiver 30 - Suddenly Won't Record CDs
« on: June 17, 2023, 10:34:45 am »

Greetings...  Yesterday morning, JRiver was performing just fine.  I ripped three or four CDs without a hitch.  Then last night -- suddenly -- it hit the wall.  When I loaded a CD for recording, the software scanned the disc and downloaded the track information as usual.  However, when I tried to rip it, it struggled with the first track then froze.  I stopped the rip (although was no clear response to the command) and tried to start new rip with the next track on the disc.  JRiver rapidly skipped through the tracks one after the other (with snippets of static playing for each).  Initially, I figured it was a defective disc, but the exact thing happened with five other CDs -- including a couple I had successfully ripped earlier in the day.  I tried downloading JRiver 31...same problem.  Then, I thought the drive (and external Pioneer CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive) had crapped out, but when I plugged it into another computer, it worked just fine.   Next, I tried ripping the same discs with Windows Media Player. No problem. So it appears to be a JRiver issue -- that happened very abruptly.   I thought perhaps there had been an update that had gone wrong, which is what prompted me to try JRiver 31...but, again, it didn't solve the problem.   Has anyone else had this problem...and figured out how to solve it?  [I'm on Windows 10, by the way.]
Pages: [1]   Go Up