INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there an"up next" and "history" queue?  (Read 280 times)

Mr Swordfish

• World Citizen
Is there an"up next" and "history" queue?
« on: June 21, 2023, 01:45:42 pm »

Coming from iTunes, it had an "up next" and "history" queue  that showed the last several songs played and the next several that were coming up.

Is there something similar in Music Center?  I've tried clicking around and can't find it. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Is there an"up next" and "history" queue?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 01:46:48 pm »

Playing Now in the tree always shows the current playlist.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 02:22:28 pm »

MC is a queue based player.  Everything that plays comes from Playing Now.  You can find it in the left hand navigation area, at the top.  When you click it, the main area will change to Playing Now.

Playing Now is extremely powerful.  It lets you do all kinds of on the fly changes to your play queue.  Add, remove, reorder, etc.  I particularly like that you can use the search box to narrow down things in the play queue (Playing Now) and remove them.  This could be an album name, artist name, etc.

You will also notice, in any list of songs, that you can right click on them and choose "more playing options", which has many common operations like , "add to playing now", "add to playing now (next to play)", etc.

I encourage you to play around with Playing Now and see all the things you can do with it.

Brian

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 03:09:48 pm »

Just to add to Brian's ... a Right-Click shoutout for Play Doctor to spin a new playlist directly to Playing Now.

Mr Swordfish

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 04:01:35 pm »

Thanks.  I figured it had to be there somewhere, I just couldn't find it.  Thanks. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up